What's new

Search results

1. Dcrouch9

Renewal again?

Well it's that time again and I have to ask myself if renewal is worth it. From the beta test that's in progress I don't think 3DS is interested in putting too much time and effort into Geomagic. It's just a feeling but I really think they wish all us ex-Alibre people would just go away. I use...
  2. Dcrouch9

3D systems buys Cimatron

Has anybody seen this yet? 3D Systems is buying Cimatron which owns Gibbs Cam. What's that going to mean for us? From what I understand Cimatron is fairly top end cad software. I don't believe it has a large user base in the US but is mostly used in European countries...
  3. Dcrouch9

Windows 8

I'm sure this has been brought up before but has anybody been running GMD on Windows 8? I'm in the market for a new laptop to replace my old one and my desktop and Win 8 is pre installed. I guess I could just clean everything off when I get it and reinstall Win 7. Any thoughts?
  4. Dcrouch9

Number of Licenses

Are two licenses still the standard or has it been cut to one? I just bought a subscription after letting mine run out. Now I'm trying to do a second installation on my laptop and I'm getting the message that I've reached my limit. When I check my account info it only shows one used.
  5. Dcrouch9

Metric Model-English Units Drawing?

I have a model that was done in metric units that has been exported from another CAD program as a STP file. I have imported this file into AD. The problem is I need to do a drawing in english units. When i imported the modeI had the properties set as inches but when I go to make the drawing I...
  6. Dcrouch9

Batch Import

Is there anyway to do a batch import/translate?
  7. Dcrouch9

Unexpected Error

Has anyone had any trouble setting the options fron the Home window? When I go to Tools-Options I get an error box stating there was an unexpected error. Further down it says; Object reference not set to an instance of an object. I can close this and everythings runs fine. It provides the...
  8. Dcrouch9

Cursor Color - FIX PROVIDED

Added note from Alibre - there is a fix for the cursor issue provided later in the post. If you do not like the pure black cursors in 12.1, then please simply use the fix. Is the cursor color changeable now in V12.1? I use the very dark background and the black cursor doesn't show up very well.