What's new

Search results

1. Z

Alibre 2012 on Windows 10 64 bit

Did you ever get it working? I'm in the same boat... Just installed on the new PC to get the license re-activated, and nothing happens after double clicking the exe, even when run as admin.
  2. Z

Fulfilling My Wishlist One Thing At A Time

That is HUGE wishlist for me. Sucks when you do something on a plane, and then need to move it elsewhere... A.
  3. Z

Low End Laptop

I've got something similar - HP DV9207, CompUSA special back in May of '07, about $800 after rebate. Has a 17" widescreen monitor with NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600 256mb graphics and 1 gig ram on Vista. Runs Rhino4 no sweat, and has run Alibre in the past no problem. I figure anything current w/ a...
  4. Z

Drawing template

You need to insert a text label (under the sketch tab), not notes (under insert>nnotations), for it to show up. Why have two things that do the same thing? I don't know, but that's how it is. Andris
  5. Z

V11 User Guide Release Date?

There's a link on the downloads page that points to: https://www.alibre.com/download/UserGuide.aspx, but that only shows up to V10.0.
  6. Z

How can I make this very simple (?) part

Glad to help. It's fun having a quick project to get the juices going... Is there any way to do a save-as for a different version? I'm using V11 here as well. Andris
  7. Z

How can I make this very simple (?) part

I extruded two circles, and created planes just past the OD and ID of the circles. I then drew the triangles on the new planes, made the isosceles with equal contstraints on the two legs, and set the OD base width equal to: ODPlaneOffset * pi (for circumference) / number of splines. Then set...
  8. Z

Reinstalling ALGOR

I'm trying to get Algor to work now as well... Called them, had a new license file emailed, save-as into my existing Algor model folder, and then ran the install (downloaded from Alibre's website V22.1 I believe). Chose "have a license", and continued, but it didn't work. Did the license setup...
  9. Z

mirror feature in sheetmetal

I've got some parts that are pretty symmetrical that are made in sheetmetal. It'd make life MUCH easier if I could mirror tabs, like in part modelling. The tabs I pick don't show up in the mirror feature box. :cry:
  10. Z

Unbelievably slow trimming

I've had the same thing happen. This was the first sketch in a new drawing, and I have the most current Nvidia drivers for my 7900 GS graphics card too. Sometimes closing Alibre would fix things, and if not, rebooting the computer. <shrug>. Memory wasn't maxed according to the Vista Performance...
  11. Z

circumference staying the same on shape change

If you're looking to drag a shape into something organic, you can sketch a circle, and then sketch a spline on top of it. Then drag the spline control points around to make it fit whatever you need.
  12. Z

Project cylinder step backwards in V11

Project cylinder step backwards in V11 In V9/10 (iirc) I used to be able to select a cylinder side (not the end caps), and project it as a rectangle on the sketch plane. In V11, I now have to zoom in, find the edges, select, project it as two parallel lines, then make lines connecting the end...
  13. Z

Help: Old Files Non-Editble in V11

Do you have it checked out in the Vault? If it's checked IN, then the vault tells Alibre it's read-only. If you checked it out, you can edit. Andris
  14. Z

Can I keep my repository function?

If you migrate the repository to the vault, it creates a project for each repos folder, so you can still go about it the same way. You just select the file directly from windows (M-files shows itself as a mapped drive in file explorer). I don't think V11 allows access to the repository at all.
  15. Z

Vault Structure

What if you make a copy of a file in the vault, or do a save-as? Still has one file pointing to two different entries, or would there be two files now in the vault? A.
  16. Z

Post your V12 wishlists here! [8 items in 1 post!]

More freedom in configuring the toolbars. Let me decide what icons to place, and expand. For instance - let me place the "line" toolbar (line & ref line) on it's own, so both are visible, not one or the other. Even more important for extend/trim, where you often use both commands one after...
  17. Z

Vault Structure

You can still use the vault as a dumb file system, and when you get time later, start adding the metadata for the individual files. Then you can find stuff faster. I've got my setup (aftermarket automotive parts) using the projects. My repository was imported straight to the vault, and it...
  18. Z

Aligning 3 Sketchs--Bottom Left Corner and Centering

If you need to center one box in the other, you can draw a reference (dotted green) line diagonal (top left to bottom right) in one box, and the opposite diagonal in the other (top right to bottom left). Then constrain the two lines with midpoints. Alternatively, you can dimension the two...
  19. Z

equations across parts in an assembly

Miles, That was the push to get me to try it. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to like getting files stored in the Vault (m-files). I emailed Alex - we'll see what he says. In the meantime, I've modeled the different scenarios with configurations, which came up with another bug (submitted to...
  20. Z

equations across parts in an assembly

Grrr... Forum is running very slow and errored out on posting, so I need to re-type the question. Is there some way to access equations across parts in an assembly? I've modeled a hub that has a changing number of wheel studs. The hub has the number of drilled holes specified in the part, and...