What's new

Search results

1. Z

mirror feature in sheetmetal

I've got some parts that are pretty symmetrical that are made in sheetmetal. It'd make life MUCH easier if I could mirror tabs, like in part modelling. The tabs I pick don't show up in the mirror feature box. :cry:
  2. Z

Project cylinder step backwards in V11

Project cylinder step backwards in V11 In V9/10 (iirc) I used to be able to select a cylinder side (not the end caps), and project it as a rectangle on the sketch plane. In V11, I now have to zoom in, find the edges, select, project it as two parallel lines, then make lines connecting the end...
  3. Z

equations across parts in an assembly

Grrr... Forum is running very slow and errored out on posting, so I need to re-type the question. Is there some way to access equations across parts in an assembly? I've modeled a hub that has a changing number of wheel studs. The hub has the number of drilled holes specified in the part, and...
  4. Z

equation controlled splines

I've got 2 parallel and offset lines that I'd like to join with a spline, so the ends of the splines are tangent/colinear to the lines. If I sketch a control point spline with two points at each end that are colinear with the lines and a point in the middle (5 points total), I get my intended...
  5. Z

Unrolling Sheetmetal tubes

Thread at viewtopic.php?f=10&t=53&p=36508#p36508 I renamed the file with a .zip extension to get around the attachment filter. Change the extension back to .AD_SMP and it'll work.
  6. Z

optimizing for large part count assemblies

optimizing for large part count assemblies It seems to me that everyone who "graduates" from Alibre to the midrange modellers (Solidworks, etc) does because Alibre starts to choke and run very slowly for complicated assemblies. If during the modelling phase, you had the...
  7. Z

Rollcage

Rollcage In progress at http://www.alibre.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6513
  8. Z

Manufacturing from just a solid model, no drawings

Manufacturing from just a solid model, no drawings How would one do this using Alibre Design? It seems this is the way of the future, by eliminating the drawing completely, and having the specifications completely in the model. At my last job, we started getting models instead of...
  9. Z

Photorender fisheye looks weird

Photorender fisheye looks weird Is there any way to get rid of this? It looks like the studs are bent outwards. I couldn't find a perspective setting in the help files. Andris
  10. Z

3D PDF security

3D PDF security When you create 3d PDF file, what kind of security is on your part data? I viewed the properties on the generated .pdf file, and the security tab states that there is no security. I was hoping to use the step by step animated explode...
  11. Z

making an instructional video & manual

making an instructional video & manual I'd like to make a movie of how to assemble our two piece wheel adapters. Is it possible to do this in motion somehow? I've got the assembly modeled as a bolted together assembly, as well as exploded in pieces. What's the best way to make...
  12. Z

instruction manual or video

instruction manual or video Exploded view of 2 piece wheel adapter Thread at http://www.alibre.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6247
  13. Z

Change Sketch Plane

Change Sketch Plane How is it possible to change the plane of a sketch? I've created some parts in the past that can be used to do this new job with a small modification (without starting from scratch), but a complex sketch needs to go on it's own...
  14. Z

save catalog feature - revolve cut

save catalog feature - revolve cut How can I save a revolve-cut as a catalog feature? I've tried saving the sketch as a catalog feature, but that's gray'ed out as well. I tried making a revolve-boss, saving that as a regular part, but that won't insert into a regular...
  15. Z

Alibre Support getting cut back?

Alibre Support getting cut back? When I purchased Alibre Professional last year with 2 years of maintenance, a big reason was that the salesperson said there was unlimited support, which should make it similar to having local VAR support for...
  16. Z

change sketch planes

change sketch planes From another post "Seems like I'm running into this problem frequently: I create a new part and project geometry from other parts to the new part sketch. Then, once I've extruded my new solid part, I find that I selected the wrong...
  17. Z

automatic dimension prompts when sketching

automatic dimension prompts when sketching Can Alibre be set up to pop up a text box to enter the dimension after drawing a circle (or single line)? I'm spending a lot of time drawing the sketches, then going back and dimensioning everything. Even better would be a text box...
  18. Z

countersink align

countersink align For http://www.alibre.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=27486, for how to constrain a countersunk screw.
  19. Z

constrain countersunk screws

constrain countersunk screws What's the best way to do this? I've got a part with a countersunk hole, and a flat head screw to match the 82 degree countersunk hole. You'd think that a "mate" constraint picking both the screw and hole countersink surface would be...
  20. Z

Sheetmetal is a macro, not a parametric modeller

Sheetmetal is a macro, not a parametric modeller I'm pretty frustrated with the sheetmetal module. It seems to be more of a macro that generates a sketch and fillet, since you can't go and edit anything afterwards. I've got a part with about 20 flanges (picture a w shapeout of from...