What's new

Search results

1. R

2011 Pro sheetmetal users-I need your upgrade advice!

Hi All, Still running 12.1 Pro on WinXP Pk2 and with some up coming jobs I have some reservations and need you're advice :D I have some fairly complex sheet metal / part assemblies that I will need to modify drastically. My questions are; - Has anybody had 'ANY' problems with...
  2. R

View Orientions in drawings rotate/change on re-project??

Has any one else come across this? I tend to do a lot of sheet metal projects, and have noticed this more frequently since upgrading to v 12.1. (not to mention screwy assembly constraints.....appearing/disappearing upon re-opening of files?) My work-flow; I'll insert a left/top/right...
  3. R

update links in drawings?

Hi everyone, I am trying to find an easier/proper way of updating drawings to changed part/sheet metal files in Alibre pro v11.2 . I design/draw dust collectors and we do a lot of 'custom' modifications for various customers and I re-use previously drawn parts/sheet metal as most cases the...
  4. R

Memory Leaks?->Still in V11.1

Not sure if anybody else has noticed, though the program is much quicker overall I do notice after doing several drawings from parts or sheelmetal components, my system 'dramatically' slows down? To the point, that each selection or action is taking a LONG time to finish ( 3 to 10 seconds)...
  5. R

Need input from plotter users

Hi Charles, Model: HP100+ (Inkjet-up to 24"x36" or longer with roll option[not used] / Alibre V11.1. Issues; When creating panels for our fabricator, I use 1:1 scale and usually 'oversize' the blank sheet to make sure all the views & flat panel will fit in the screen area. I can never get it...
  6. R

Constrain Obrong holes help

Is there some way to constrain the 'center' point of a vertical and horizontal obrong hole? If there both vertical or horizontal I have no problem (selecting inner radii faces), but I have no idea how to do this, if even possible? I'm using V11.1 and attached the original assembly & Sheet metal...
  7. R

Duct Transition, Round to Square?

Hi Everyone, I'm stumped, is there any way (easy or hard) to create a transition duct in Alibre V11 Professional. I've just started playing with 3D mode and finally got this far, but HELP! Would some combo of sweep/spline work here? It's 14 gauge (.075") ductwork I am trying to show, between...
  8. R

Help!-Drawing Holes @ various angles and Patterned.

Help!-Drawing Holes @ various angles and Patterned. Hi everyone, New user doing limited drawings for Powder Coating Parts. Mostly small Plastic (PTFE, UHMW, Delrin) wear items for the equipment. For the Life of me I cannot figure out how to add (4) 1/16" holes at a 45 deg angle...