What's new

Search results

1. R

Another License Question

Hello, First, my work system is not connected to the internet, so I have to occasionally carry the system into another room with internet access to update the lic. This availability is not available to me 24/7, so I occasionally have to wait to run the software if I miss the opportunity. My...
  2. R

BOM Question

Hello, As I have stated in my previous post, I am just getting back to using the software after 2-3 years of zero usage. Even back when I used the program frequently, I only used the BOM occasionally and I never really knew what its full features were, so please consider me a newbie in regards...
  3. R

How to Get Rid of Unneeded Files?

Hello, Boy, this getting old is getting rough. After getting back into the software after taking 2-3 years off, I am amazed at what I have forgotten. My Problem: I volunteered to help a friend with a “quick” project that turned into an extended undertaking. My error was to not follow my...
  4. R

Response Question

Hello, Just a quick question. I have a lic problem and I am not on maintenance. The email I just received from submitting a ticket stated it could take up to 3 days if you are not on maintenance. Has anyone else had to wait the full 3 days? Thank you, Ernie (this is not meant as a...
  5. R

Backup Image Question

Hello, After reading the following thread, I now have a question: https://www.alibreforum.com/forum/index.php?threads/files-to-back-up.20130/ When you do a disk image, should you have Alibre activated or de-activated? I just imaged my system with the software deactivated as I originally...
  6. R

Renewing Maintenance Question and a Thank You

Geomagic has not returned my phone call for 4 days now, so I though I would ask the question here. First, my version is: PRODUCTVERSION 15,0,2,15088 32-bit I will not be renewing my maintenance, and since so many things have changed, I wanted to make sure I understood what will happen to my...
  7. R

Leader Question

Hello, Does anyone know if it is possible to change this section of the leader to a shorter dimension when using the “Insert Hole Callout” feature? This is not a big deal, but if possible, it would help if I could change this to .125 to “clean up” a few drawings. Thank you, Ernie
  8. R

Presets Question

Hello, I am using the PRESETS feature for the first time and I have a quick question. First, I need to state for a specific project, I need different tap sizes for different materials, hence the 75 and 50% thread. How can I keep the information in order, other than what I have done below...
  9. R

alibre_unicode_custom.thd

Hello, I have tried to get this to work, but I have failed miserably. I have probably spent a total of 6-7 hours researching how to set this up and trying to get this to work. I have tried to get this to work on my two systems, but it fails every time. I know I am overlooking something...
  10. R

MalwareBytes and Geomagic request for help

Hello, Like some of the members here, I have Malwarebytes on my system and it flags the following file: UnregisterExcelAddin.exe If I let MB remove/quarantine the file, and try to start Geomagic, I will get the message asking for the install file and the program will not start. I have this...
  11. R

An Open Question for Max

Hello, I have been a loyal customer for 7 years and I have always recommended Alibre in the past. Due to ill health and the economy, my business is basically gone and now I am volunteering my time at no charge, for a magazine to keep busy. Basically, I am hanging on until better times. I...
  12. R

Cute PDF Pro Writer

Hello, Has anyone had any experience with Cute PDF Pro? (Not the free version) I have tried the Free eval of Pro and I have been running the free version for a while now with no problems, but before I bring out the credit card I just wanted to check if anyone else uses this program and what...
  13. R

Dimension Alignment Again

Hello, I can not show the actual drawing due to confidentially restrictions, so I drew this up as an example. I realize I could use the thread function and a hole callout for this specific example, but again, this is just to show what issues I am having. I need to use the Prefix and Suffix box...
  14. R

Private Message Stuck In Outbox

Hello, I have a private message that I am trying to send to a forum member, but it has been sitting in the Outbox for approx 24 hours. Is this normal or have I missed something? Thank you.
  15. R

Goemagic 2013 Text Alignment Problem

Hello, I contacted Tech Support on the original problem of when you add anything in the Upper Text, Prefix, and Lower Text dimension box that the text is not aligned. They stated they would be looking into this and have a possible correction for the next SP. They stated that for now I should...
  16. R

How to model a wave washer?

Hello, I had to model a three wave spring washer for an exploded view and I could not think of the correct procedure for this. What I ended up doing was (don’t laugh) cutting the wave from the side and cutting out a 120 degree section. I then did a Boolean Unite with the cut out section to...
  17. R

KeyShot 2.2 on Win 8

Hello, I am having trouble posting on KeyShots forum so I thought I would ask here. I am not at my work computer so I do not have the exact versions, so I hope this is correct. I originally purchased Keyshot 2.2 ($195.00) and ran it on Win 7. I will be changing to a new system in 3-4 months...
  18. R

Fast Views vs Precise Views

Hello, I had another thread asking about a drawing issue. Through the replies to that thread I found out that something appears to be not working correctly on my system. I will be contacting support on Monday and now I am just trying to get more information and I am hoping someone else has...
  19. R

Drawing Problem – Need help ASAP please

Please see the attached PDF. (the png is a little coarse) This will be the first print that I am sending a new client and I cannot send it looking like this. I cannot be too specific about the part except I need to reference off of the 1.4 diameter, which does not look like a diameter on the...
  20. R

Orient to Isometric

Hello, Is there a setting to get 2012 to open with the Orient to Isometric at +X, +Y, +Z instead of defaulting to -X, +Y, +Z? Even if I save an assembly/part with the view I want, (+X) I still have to change it to what I want because it defaults to the -X setting when I reopen the file. Thank you.