What's new

Search results

1. M

Drawing a parabola

As posted a wile back in "Tools & Tips" I don't know if Alex's "Point Import Wizard" works in V12? Generating points for import Postby mkent on Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:14 pm I found a nice graphing program that will let you generate a curve of any math function. You can define the extents and...
  2. M

Roll Call

Hello, I'm Mick Kent and have been here many years but I'm not real talkative as shown by my post count. I worked up to the Expert program being hooked by Alibre deals. I don't regret it one bit. I am a retired EE having spent my career primarily in machine design / controls. My hobbies...
  3. M

Paul Grayson on "The Cloud" Interview

and the lawyers get richer.
  4. M

Paul Grayson on "The Cloud" Interview

Why should we consider software that we bought is ours?
  5. M

Overide Layer Line Features

This function has been changed somewhat in V12 and I can no longer change a selected line width. Would someone please confirm this. I submitted a report but no answer yet.
  6. M

V12 Rocks !

The new lighting is very nice but the "visible edges" needs to be turned off in "View", "Display"; just click "Shaded"
  7. M

v12 sneak peak video

Sounds like a big leap forward. Alibre is the best value by far. Congrats to the team!
  8. M

Vista or XP ??

Microsoft is working hard on the next POS due to the universal bad-mouthing (and lack of sales) of vista. The code name is Windows7 I think. Hopefully it will only be a pos and not a POS. You would be wise to wait. :D
  9. M

Incorrect B-spline translation from 3D to 2D

I tried to highlight and delete the bad line but it would not delete? I'll try drawing the curve in 2D? Thanks for your help.
  10. M

I saw a curve as you have displayed in one of my attempts; with the double line. Any idea what is happening Miles?
  11. M

I noticed a "dog leg" in the B-spline curve when I produced a 2D drawing from a 3D part. The curve is a parabola imported with "Point Import Wizard". It looks good in the 3D sketch but has a definite hitch in 2D. I tried several times with the same result. I am running V11 on vista. I have...
  12. M

Tips and Tricks:

Generating points for import I found a nice graphing program that will let you generate a curve of any math function. You can define the extents and the increments for the curve and a list of points will be generated in .csv format or others. The points can then be brought into Alex's "Point...
  13. M

V11 bug - 3D Connexion devices protocol

I got an answer from support: use a mouse; we are working on a fix.
  14. M

Constraint problems....

I solved some of my constraint problems by using axis and planes to constrain to rather then one part to another to another. By anchoring the central part then always referring to the anchored part or to the axis / planes of the anchored part seems to help. This is probably good practice anyway...
  15. M

V11 bug - 3D Connexion devices protocol

Has this bug been reported? It is driving me buggy also!
  16. M

OT: Virus Software Recommendations

I decided to try the new microsoft windows live one care NOT because I like ms but to avoid the finger pointing game. So far it has given no problems. $52 / year.
  17. M

Increased Maintenance Costs

I agree with Mr. Pelletier; this is a breech of contract issue and should be challenged in court. A class action would be best and I'm sure many greedy lawyers would happy to take greedy Alibre to court on this issue.
  18. M

Best system for Alibre

I have had good luck buying refurbished computers from Dell. I'm sure other manufactures do the same. These units have "new" warranty's and you can save around 50%. There are lots to chose from. Alibre will run best on a "gaming" machine. Look as the XPS series. http://www.dell.com/outlet