What's new

Search results

1. M

Overide Layer Line Features

This function has been changed somewhat in V12 and I can no longer change a selected line width. Would someone please confirm this. I submitted a report but no answer yet.
  2. M

Incorrect B-spline translation from 3D to 2D

I noticed a "dog leg" in the B-spline curve when I produced a 2D drawing from a 3D part. The curve is a parabola imported with "Point Import Wizard". It looks good in the 3D sketch but has a definite hitch in 2D. I tried several times with the same result. I am running V11 on vista. I have...
  3. M

FreeDimension Bundle offer

FreeDimension Bundle offer Has anyone with surfacing expertise tried "FreeDimension"? How does it compare to Rhino, others. Is it worth $300 The offer is only good until the end of March.
  4. M

Telescope hole projection

Telescope hole projection As you can see the hole does not alignwith the telescope.
  5. M

Projecting hole from one part to another

Projecting hole from one part to another I need to project a hole for my telescope to look through from the telescope to the front side plate. It is at a compound angle. I have posted the file in binaries. He who helps gets to look through the telescope as it is served on...
  6. M

PDF publishing - exploded views

PDF publishing - exploded views I have expert but my exploded views are grayed out. Is this a licence problem? :?
  7. M

Motion and springs

Motion and springs Has anyone been able to make a coil spring change pitch with applied force? Am I asking too much? :? :)
  8. M

Cam follower and rack & pinion

Cam follower and rack & pinion cam following test. The rack and pinion got screwed up somewhere. I'll post it when I get It fixed.
  9. M

Cam follower and rack and pinion simulation

Cam follower and rack and pinion simulation I was designing a variable rack and pinion steering for my Trike and was surprised when I rotated the pinion gear; with an offset axis to give a variable ratio, and the rack moved. It did not work completely but only about 80 degrees...
  10. M

Alibre designed trike

Alibre designed trike
  11. M

Mick's garage

Mick's garage The shell is a 4,3 MB sweep. 13, two foot sections. I did cut off the ends of the header, duh. :lol:
  12. M

Pre drawn models for import into Alibre

Pre drawn models for import into Alibre Has anyone found a good source for Rhino models (.3dm) that can be imported into Alibre. I am looking for supporting items to go with my designs and don't want to spend time with drawing everything. I did a google search and found...
  13. M

Helpfull Hints

Helpfull Hints I just wanted to mention a couple things I have struggled with, in the spirit of sharing. 1. Don't make a part black (color) until you are finished with it or you won't be able to see details. 2. If you need to do detail work on...
  14. M

Text parts with .AD_PCF not found

Text parts with .AD_PCF not found I used a font posted on this list in binaries. The characters loaded fine but they will not reload. I get the red circle. When I try to replace the files they are not listed. The .AD_PCF files are not recognized. Help!
  15. M

Drawing assembly trys to load parts from repository

Drawing assembly trys to load parts from repository I have two similar assemblys that will not load properly. I get an error list that says the part drawing in the repository can not be found. That is true because it is not there. I have not been using the repository. I don't know...
  16. M

Mouse sticks when crossing any feature

Mouse sticks when crossing any feature I am running the trial version of Alibre on a Dell Precision 530 with dual 2.0 ghz xeon's, Radeon 9700, Wacom tablet. When the cursor crosses any feature it freezes while the feather is highlighted. Drawings also rotate slowly and...