What's new

Search results

1. R

Tapped Hole specifications

Hi, When creating a tapped hole, the thread, the hole depth and the drill depth are all specified in the dialogue. When the "hole callout" is added to the drawing the drill depth is missing and I have to add it manually. Can "hole callout" be modified to show both specified depths? Thanks Ray
  2. R

Drawing Template colour JPGs have become monochrome (Since installing v2019)

Since upgrading to v2019, both new and existing drawings have changed the coloured company logo to greyscale. The drawing template has been in use for more than 3 years. It displays in mono on the screen and prints in mono on the colour printer, I cannot see any options to sort this. Thanks
  3. R

2D drawing Ordinate Dimensions - moving individual dimension out of line

On previous versions, when using ordinate dimensioning, it was possible to move an individual dimension out of line with the rest. This was handy in a cluttered drawing where the dimension text was overlapping. You could just grab the dimension and slide it out of line with the rest of the...
  4. R

Constraints for cam follower in an assembly

OK, have not used that before. Hope this upload works. I have also tried using a polyline to create the cam. The full cam surface and follower OD selected OK but no constraints are available to add a tangent constraint.
  5. R

Constraints for cam follower in an assembly

File attached It is possible to create a cam part (e.g. Large radius + small radius + 2 tangent lines) and a follower part (circular boss) then assemble them with constraints such that when the cam is rotated about the large radius the follower will move in a linear fashion? I can make the...
  6. R

How do I setup third angle projection?

Thanks Ralph, I was looking in the wrong place - "part" file properties" not "drawing" file properties.
  7. R

How do I setup third angle projection?

I Have just moved from AD 12 to Geomagic design 2015.1.1 . No vault is installed The first/third angle projection properties has disappeared form the file properties window -where has it gone. I will be back as I cannot find many things which were always on screen in AD Still trying to find...
  8. R

2011 trying to reinstall itself

Thanks Miles, Never though that keeping my start folder tidy would have caused a problem. Moved the Alibre directory back to the root of the start folder and Alibre is happy again. Much appreciated.
  9. R

2011 trying to reinstall itself

I upgraded to 2011 yesterday. Made some parts and some drawings and all was well. Today when I tried to start it, a window appeared to say that it could not find AlibreDesign.msi I has to use task manger to get out of the loop. The temp .msi file is no longer available I re installed and it...
  10. R

Default Win Directories

Good tip Josef, Flashfolder installed. Blood-pressure back to normal :) Ray
  11. R

Default Win Directories

Thanks for your replies. Well that is disappointing. I have just checked 5 of my old CAD programmes and 3 CAM programmes and they all, without exception, have an option to set default file paths for drawings, parts, symbols, tools, postprocessores, exporting etc. Adding shorcuts to every...
  12. R

Default Win Directories

I am using v11.1 and cannot find a way to set default drawing directories in WinXP . It is getting quite annoying having to continually look for my drawing folder. The default folder becomes the folder I last saved to or exported to even if that is a USB Stick, external drive or where I store my...
  13. R

Fillet problem

Thanks Harold.
  14. R

Fillet problem

I cannot get this fillet to propagate around the bottom of the cavity. Is there some error in my drawing? TIA Ray
  15. R

Sheet Metal Part - Bending up flush flanges

Thanks Mike, I think I will just stick with adding extra tabs at the corners since there is not a more elegant solution. Ray
  16. R

Thanks for the reply. I cannot get this to work. If I change the flange sketch AD will thow an error. How exactly did you do this? Feel free to download , modify and repost the sample3 file.
  17. R

Thanks Harold, Sample 2 did the trick. I need to add further 20mm flanges to make top-hat section. (See attached) These flanges need to be closed at the corners. The closed corners will not work in this instance so I created tabs to finish the corners. Is there a better way to do this because...
  18. R

I am trying to create a small sheetmetal part. It starts with a plain rectangular tab 700x200 with 0.9mm material thickness. The 700x200 is the finished size after bending as well. Bend rad is 2x Material thickness 95mm flanges are formed on the long edges. The flange is INSIDE alignment and...
  19. R

How do I create "Blank Sheet" in landscape

Thanks Ralf, I know how to make a "template". In my original question I asked:- Is it possible to add landscape sheets to the "Blank sheet" drop-down list Thanks Ray
  20. R

How do I create "Blank Sheet" in landscape

When starting a new 2d drawing I sometimes want to use a blank sheet. The option is there, but all the ISO blank sheets are in portrait orientation. Is it possible to add landscape sheets to the "Blank sheet" drop-down list. They are not in the templates folder. Thanks Ray