What's new

Search results

1. M

Geomagic 2013 - Initial views & reliability ?

Hi, Just seeking initial views on G2013 and its reliability etc. I know it was long touted as a kind of bugfix rollup edition, is that how it's panning out ? Or should I wait for SP1 ? And while I am here, is anyone at Geomagic able to tell us whether/when there will be an SP1 ? Or does...
  2. M

Rotate moves item

Hi, If I select and move the cursor to rotate a part or assembly in ADE 2012 the item rotates about the selected point. Is there any way to set up Alibre so that the item always rotates about the centre of the screen so that bits of it don't go in and out of shot ? Thanks, Mike
  3. M

Problem loading part designed in V10

Hi, I have just returned to Alibre after a gap and have a problem loading a part in V2012 which was designed in V10. "The error box message is An unexpected error has occurred. Please try again. If the problem persists contact Alibre Customer Support and provide the following information...
  4. M

The constraint cannot be applied, since it results in an ove

Hi, I am having trouble : I start a new part and create a rectangle in the x-y plane. I want this rectangle to be a square centred about the origin (z-axis) so I try to apply the symetrric constraint to two parallel sides of the rectangle and the x-axis. As soon as I try this I get the error...
  5. M

Rotate figures prolem

Hi, I am trying to model a slot cutter in ADE and am having difficulties. The cutter has has 4 cutting edges equally spaced within the cutting circle. I am modeling the geometry of the end of the cutter using reference lines which are at specific angles to tangents to the outside circle of...
  6. M

Vault for XP x64 release date

Hi, I asked this before in the V11 release thread but didn't get any reply : I saw a reference somewhere that said Alibre Vault for x64 based machines will be available sometime in September, can anyone tell me whether this is still the scheduled release timeframe, or if not any ideas when I...
  7. M

Best way to generate gears in Alibre Design Expert ?

Hi, Just looking for some tips as to how best to generate gears in ADE ? I will want to use Alibre Motion to simulate the finishes assembly so that's an issue. Thanks, Mike
  8. M

Alibre CAM problems after upgrade to V10SP1

Alibre CAM problems after upgrade to V10SP1 Hi, I tried to do an upgrade of my installation to V10.1 but ended up having to download the full 134MB install file "AlibreInstall_V10SP1.exe" and go from there, uninstalling the original V10 install. I did uninstall V10 Help and...
  9. M

Problem placing holes in Alibre Design Expert

Problem placing holes in Alibre Design Expert Hi, I am trying to place some holes in a part in Alibre. I have created a surface and can place sketch figures like sketch nodes and reference lines etc to aid the placement of the holes. However when I open the hole tool these...