What's new

Search results

1. D

Translate... french

I have the same issue and no real sight of a fix. I was told that the program only translates modelling info not the words but it sure puts French into the description of things when I export to SolidWorks and this is a real issue right now! Any ideas welcome....
  2. D

Does Alibre have plans to offer Hypershot HD?

Like a couple of other Expert users I find the whole HyperShot thing confusing at the very least! I too am disappointed in the quality of render with the Alibre render package and like the performance of HyperShot - I just can't understand the 'deal' here? DRB UK Expert user I have now...
  3. D

making assemblies move

I have investigated this further and can confirm that IronCAD's view of the "World" is different to Alibre and all other CAD systems I have access to!! Their view has the Z axis where the rest have Y. The resultant mess is most likely down to this I fear....
  4. D

Unable to make avi files with any codec

Dear All, I have installed a new graphics card - and the problem has gone away. Thanks for all the interest and suggestions.I am happy again.....DB
  5. D

V11.1 Generates an error on exit

Reinstalled all V11.1 and the problem has gone away. Thanks for the various inputs. DB
  6. D

making assemblies move

I can't send one file because its too big! .... and I can only add 3 files! I shall send the SAT instead. I think the problem is something to do with the different World-View between IronCAD and Alibre. I suspect IronCAD....
  7. D

making assemblies move

I have just recreated the problem - imported the parts as SAT files from IronCAD, made the assembly and applied motion and the same thing happens. Its a problem with the source files I am fairly sure - the X-Y-Z axis are all shifted about 90 degrees relative to Alibre's view of the world! Alls...
  8. D

making assemblies move

Miles, I don't have the original files as I got so fed up I dumped them!! What happened was a component - a flywheel with a cranked arm - was constrained in a bearing hole in a simple tower - one constraint only for testing. The flywheel spun in place as expected but when it was animated by...
  9. D

I have just looked at the avi file with an editor and it only has one frame in it - a black frame. Don't know if thats significant? Using my laptop I have been able to make an avi using the same model and the 42 frames it produced led to a considerably larger file at 32Mb so I guess the single...
  10. D

The file size created by both the CinePak and Indeo 5 codec is 2.5 Mb which seems about right for 42 frames? I can generate 42 frames OK but the screen is black. The PC plays other avi videos OK and I can generate an avi with SketchUp Pro OK (not that that may mean much as I don't know if it...
  11. D

I get the same result with either codec a black screen. I have tried 'Googling' this issue but haven't had any success. Sketchup makes videos OK as does IronCAD so I am at a loss as to what to do.
  12. D

CamStudio - nice idea but its not appropriate for what I want which is reasonable quality .avi files of just the animated model. Thanks for the idea though. DB
  13. D

Help! Having finally managed to get a design to animate correctly I now need to output an 'avi' file to send to my client and I just can't no matter which codec I select. Some appear to do the job but playback results in a black screen! Using Win XP Pro SP3, 2M RAM, NVIDIA Quadro FX560 video...
  14. D

making assemblies move

I agree with all the comments about the flakiness of the whole constrain/animation area. I have had one complete animation destroyed by V11.1, at least one other which causes the whole thing to freeze needing a PC restart no less to resolve. Like another contributor I am losing the will to use...
  15. D

Constraint problems....

I am continually fighting 'over constrained' problems so much so that I am disparate to find documentation that properly explains HOW constraint actually works because I can't determine any consistent rules from what I experience on my models! Anyone have any ideas on this please?
  16. D

Space pilot in Alibre

I often rotate a part when I setting up constraints to see how something moves before doing some simulation. Rotate Part was just an example, the same thing happens if Move Part is selected (plus a part of course) then moving the 3D controller moves the part!. In all my other CAD applications...
  17. D

Space pilot in Alibre

I have been using a 3DConnexion Traveller with Alibre but the most annoying thing is that it does NOT work independently from the mouse. For instance, If you have 'rotate part' selected and happen to touch the 3DConnexion device the selected part shoots off to who knows where and I make very...
  18. D

In desperation I have removed the whole suite of programmes and re-installed. The error on exit appears to have gone away but I can no longer install the ALGOR component because it gives an error.....this is getting tedious....
  19. D

Every time I exit V11.1 it generates an error. Win XP SP3, NVIDIA Quadro FX560 2M RAM. Any ideas please?
  20. D

Alibre Photorender, two woes

Industrial Pack Andris ..... and that's exactly what I finally did too! DB