What's new

Search results

1. D

Keyshot Pro and Alibre.

Hi David, The scenario that you described was exactly what happened when I got a trial of the Pro Keyshot for use with my Student edition of Siemens Solid Edge. The Pro version [ Keyshot ] was always defaulting to an Education version. So I had to un install Solid Edge, un install Keyshot...
  2. D

Keyshot Pro and Alibre.

Thanks David, I have removed the Keyshot that was bundled with Alibre would that be correct? I am hoping to set up a trial first before I purchase.
  3. D

Keyshot Pro and Alibre.

Hi All, I have Alibre design Expert 2018 1.1. I would like to purchase the full Pro version of Keyshot as a stand alone would that work ok with my version of Alibre Design. Cheers, Raymond.
  4. D

Constraining Gears

Hi,Lew and Stefan No, I don't require motion only to assemble them "in mesh " Will do as suggested for the work around. Really for an MCAD application it should be a basic function to be able to constrain gears properly. but alas it is what it is and we have to make the best of it !! Many...
  5. D

Constraining Gears

Hi Folks, I have to assemble a few Module 2 spur gears, what is the best method of achieving this ? They would need to be constrained as if they were "in mesh ". I can't think of an accurate way of achieving this. Cheers.
  6. D

Autodesk V Red

Hi folks, Just been getting to grips [ or trying ] with the above mentioned software, Incredibly powerful, Just wondered if any forum users had used or is using it.
  7. D

Keyshot problem.

Hi All, Issues now fixed.. all working perfectly. Many thanks to David from Alibre support. and also simonb65, DavidJ, and Ralf.
  8. D

Keyshot problem.

Hi David, yes.. I tried a re-boot but no success. Not sure about how to set the Environment variables ! Something must have changed with the re install because I had to do the same about a year ago and never had any problem . The version of Keyshot that was originally installed was 7 but on...
  9. D

Keyshot problem.

Hi Folks, Could anyone shed any light on the following problem, had to re instal the OS and of course my programmes and now when I try to render a model in Keyshot I get the following message seen in the attached screenshot. I downloaded Keyshot from the Alibre website...
  10. D

Method for creating a PDF.

Thanks nichterlein, I can do what Jimpulse mentioned, I create a rendered image with Keyshot then save the rendered image as a Jpeg then use Microsoft "print to PDF " function then save that, so all is good. Many thanks.
  11. D

Hi Jimpulse I'm using Adobe reader Dc might have to fork out for Acrobat. Many thanks.
  12. D

Hi All, Further to my previous thread, What would be the procedure for creating a PDF from a solid model that has been rendered in Keyshot 7 ? If I render the model then save it as a Jpeg then start Adobe and try to import / open the file .. I get the message "Unsupported format...
  13. D

Blank sheet in PDF.

Thanks David J, I am only using the Microsoft Reader, will try Adobe. Many thanks.
  14. D

Blank sheet in PDF.

Hi All, Today I wanted to create a pdf of a solid model I have constructed. I would like to create a PDF showing the solid model, when I go to "Publish to PDF " I get all the usual options, but when I select preview, the sheet is blank, no model. I can create a PDF of the drawing...
  15. D

Octane render.

Thanks David J will find out what the import options are for Octane. Thanks Fx CAD for the heads up re, Step AP to Freecad to Octane and also for drawing my attention to Cadrays. Will try all of them out. Cheers.
  16. D

Octane render.

Hi all, Is there any way I can use Octane render or Maxwell render with Alibre ? I would like to try a few different renders. Im not keen on Simlab. [ although that was probably more down to me ]. Keyshot is fine, just want to try a few others. Regards
  17. D

My newest Pc

heidtwd, that's a cracking little machine, I have never heard of GPD. and it runs Alibre fine, that is good. very nice. Me personally have never got on with anything other than a desktop or workstation. but that's more down to me. I do have a custom built laptop [ built by Utopia here in...
  18. D

Project to sketch.

Thanks to all for the help with this. I have sussed it out now. I have noticed some problems with inter design relations so now can do it as JST suggested and all is fine. Cheers.
  19. D

Project to sketch.

Surely missed out something earlier as it now works perfectly even when the faces are fully mated. Cheers.
  20. D

Project to sketch.

Update, I found that I can achieve what I need, I need to edit the part in the assembly, activate sketch on the face / plane required then I can project the sketch from the inactive part. I must have missed something earlier:mad: It works fine if there is a small space between the parts but...