What's new

Search results

1. M

Subscription have ended

"I see my account I have not Moi3D" Nice thing about MoI is that is is still a low cost purchase (not that we want to be forced to spend more for what used to be with the package). That aside, having used MoI along with Alibre / GM and Rhino, MoI is most certainly worth the low cost to buy...
  2. M

More Free CAD

"Anything that you would like to know about V14?" Yes. Having used multiple cad packages over the years I periodically have the need to reuse some parts that I modeled in a previous system. However, since never know what I need to reuse I dont' export every file I make into some supposedly...
  3. M

More Free CAD

Thanks for the feedback, Bazzer. If you get V14 let me know. If you don't want to forum post you can email my profile if you wish.
  4. M

More Free CAD

Interesting. Keep me posted. I have thought about using my previous subscription costs on the next go around for Briscad but but Solid Face might have to join that list.
  5. M

More Free CAD

Their youtube channel has some videos on it that are interesting. Hard to say this early in the game. I was going to download the manual to go through but it isn't posted as of yet. This is pretty much the best way to learn about a CAD package. I say this while feeling ironic about the fact...
  6. M

Is it possible to mirror a 3D Sketch?

And this is why geomagic is so annoying. When I open Handle2 all of the 3D features that are in there are red feature tree of death. I can open and see the geometry in Handle. Using latest update. While I keep trying to give this the benefit of the doubt I always fall back on other tools...
  7. M

Can you just attached the model? It might help in trouble shooting.
  8. M

What that little sunken area appears to indicate is that your sketch curve(s) are not tangent at the center point, meaning your sketch is most likely the problem. Usually with a sweep / loft this simple you won't run into surface issues coming from the loft or sweep itself. They can almost...
  9. M

Manifold exhaust ed

"I gues the whole process mostly depends on the machine/person's ability to bend the pipes. " That can be a big factor as well. If you are using a shop you like but they are in the stone-age still (and you may not know this) then you end up going old OLD school. I used an old school shop for...
  10. M

Problem Unfolding Loft

In addition to some of the solutions keep in mind that whenever you make a part that you intend to unroll / flatten you need to have a break or seam in the model. Any CAD package that I have used needs a starting place, which makes sense as when you roll and weld a sheet metal part there is...
  11. M

Manifold exhaust ed

NIce. The full engine assembly is going to look awesome.
  12. M

Manifold exhaust ed

" Making 3d sketches with liniar lines seems very limited. Feels like all your lines should be parralel with the 3 drawing axes? No sense of angles? Wouldnt know cos I havent used this tipe of drawing yet. Only using splines when it comes to 3d. Wouldnt it look similar to that old 3d pipe...
  13. M

Manifold exhaust ed

I am not certain how you could do this without a sweep feature being used in the end. Sketch wise, once you have the two circle sketches where you need them I would maybe use a 3D Sketch Spline and connect the two centers of the circles. Add a few points to the spline just so you can move the...
  14. M

More Free CAD

"...we already have the most superb software on the market." Uh huh.
  15. M

crash with AD 2014 interference check

Possibly a dumb, or even obvious question, but is your system running out of RAM while the software crunches the numbers? Watch it in task manager and see if the memory spills out of RAM and uses gobbs of hard-drive space as well so you can see the total ram being used. I doubt that this is the...
  16. M

Lofting with Guide Curves

"Actually MOI came with our purchase but I haven't installed it. I'm not familiar with it, might it be useful for situations like this? Does it create geometry that I can control?" Within MoI, for sure. Many features will update solid geometry by changing a sketch unless you break the parent /...
  17. M

one week after malwarebytes

Jim: I think his point was that the answers he was given were standard canned type answers that are common anymore with anything technical.
  18. M

one week after malwarebytes

I tried it and it also seems to work for me so that is a nice change. I just need them to fix the importing issues that I submitted a ticket for that they closed for some reason that I will now have to resubmit. For the MWB issue, I hope that this make the rounds at tech support as this took...
  19. M

MalwareBytes and Geomagic request for help

Awesome. Going to add that exemption for both 32 bit and 64 bit GM and see how it works. Glad to see a week on a change which is much better than fixes that seem to last a day or two. Thanks again.
  20. M

IT'S BACK....endless "death loop" gm2014

Me - two seperate mahcines. One with Win 7 64 bit (have used both 64 bit and 32 bit installs); and an older laptop with different hardware and software combination running Win 7 32 bit. The laptop is near virgin build (harddrive) as before I tested GM on it I blew out the harddrive and...