What's new

Search results

1. M

GM service pack - when is one coming?

I am getting extremely tired of the issues that come up randomly but also seemingly everyday. Seriously - is there an SP coming soon? Between the constant issues with GM supposedly not able to even startup half the time thus giving this process: (1) GM popup window -error "The feature that you...
  2. M

Problems with 3dm files from Rhino 5 & MoI

Several issues. First is GeoMagic does not seem to understand the units (mm) without being told on most every import that I do. Then, on every import except a simple cone that I made to test very simple geometry - the surface normals are all over the place so the part looks transparent from...
  3. M

Rhino to Alibre

Is the Rhino to Alibre plugin going to be supported for 2013 64bit release? I have not used it in quite sometime since I tried to install it with V12 64 bit and the installer tells me that I need Alibre V11 or higher, which clearly I do have installed.
  4. M

Showing Sketches

I have struggled with this issue for sometime (several versions) and I hope I am just not seeing the obvious, so here goes. I have imported geometry that I need to align nicely in an assembly file. The models are importing with alignment on the X Y Z planes, but the orientation in the X plane...
  5. M

Certain Reference items won't display

I am trying to add reference points to my model so I can then add additional planes. However, unless a sketch is used for a feature it does not appear at the part level even when I have all the items set to display (plans, annotations, dimensions, sketchs, nodes, points, etc). Also, is there...
  6. M

V12...34 Sketch Fillet Issue

I have noticed a few times that this has happened so I finally decided to post it for some help or confirmation. Reference the attached image - Notice the .125" Radius on the lower left. Now notice the .158 Radius on the lower right. Both Radii were applied by invoking the fillet command one...
  7. M

Project Sketch & Referencing Sketches, points, and more

I am out of votes for http://feedback.alibre.com/pages/16127- ... uggestions so I am not going to use it. the ability to reference and snap to items in other parts at the assemby level or other sketches within a single component needs work....badly! Being able to say, open a sketch on a plane...
  8. M

Sketch Array, Mirror, Offset not constraining

When I use Arrays, Mirroring, and Offsets of sketch figures there are very rarely contraints that come over to the new objects. Is there an option/toggle that I am not seeing? I have checked but I might be expecting different terminology that what I would expect. But, for now I have to fully...
  9. M

pointer color

How do I change the pointer color in sketch mode? I like to use a ligher colored background and the pointer gets completely lost all the time. mshideler
  10. M

Assembly MIN/MAX Condition

I did not find a constraint to either: 1) let part of an assembly articulate between MIN/MAX conditions, or 2) stop on collision. I would like to be able to move the assembly around in a little more realistic manner than it currently does. You can move the arms around nearly 360 degrees...
  11. M

Shaded Edges Version 11.2

How do I set the shaded edges so they are ALWAYS shown? Each time I set them to be on it only sticks on that part/assy for that session. I have been able to change color themes, change the properties per file, etc. I also tried getting everything set the way that I want to have everything set...
  12. M

Regenerate Automatically...

Is there an Automatic Regenerate option that I am not seeing or finding in the user guide? I searched feature, history, regenerate and I did not find where there is a check box option. Hitting F5 or clicking on an icon after doing a simple change is annoying. I would like to just update a...
  13. M

Constraint Tool Bar..Is there one?!?!

Constraint Tool Bar..Is there one?!?! Is there No constraint menu for sketching purposes? It is a serious pain in the but to constantly have to hit the drop-down menu. It is a HUGE waste of time to constantly have to click Sketch --> Constraints ---> Pick type, then...
  14. M

Rendering suggestions

Rendering suggestions Reference post for samples and detail: http://www.alibre.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6140 Need help/suggestions for getting a dummy-proof rendering tool. PhotoRender....does not give me usable results.
  15. M

Render Question

Render Question I cannot get photorender to do anything that looks good. Using a laptop with Direct X video card & 512MB ram, Intel core 2 duo w/2GB ram. My real question is, with all the Maxwell, Rhino conversations in the threads for final...
  16. M

Changing the plane for a sketch, is there an EZ way?

Changing the plane for a sketch, is there an EZ way? I work on SolidWorks by day and now Alibre for personal use by night. One thing that I did run into when making a part was I did not like the orientation that I had started with the initial sketch. Is there a way to change an...