What's new

Search results

1. B

Results of Assembly Boolean Always in Centimeters

Yes this is an extremely annoying bug.
  2. B

Annoying crashes

This kind of problem seems to happen more and more with each revision. I do a lot of part design in assembly mode and boolean operations. I find that after I'm done it's best to delete the assembly relations and redefine the features in part mode. Quiting and re-starting Alibre also helps...
  3. B

3 printing - 2 color

Great video but way more work than needed. Prusa will import STL assemblies exported from Alibre. So make the text extrusion part in assembly mode using the bottom of the extruded text cut for the sketch plane. Project to the sketch each letter or easier but 10X slower the surface the...
  4. B

gld's lofting problem

Very nice !
  5. B

Everyone happy with the new version so far?

David, Thanks for the tip, that fixed the issue. I've been lax on keeping track of problems but I'll try to post more when I find them. Perhaps this will fix a lot of them. Alibre Design™ Expert, Version: V23 64-bit [Build 23050] Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.19041.0, Intel(R) 8 Core(TM)...
  6. B

Take that back, doesn't work for other figures either.
  7. B

Here's an example: What could be simpler? Put a square window in a plate or extrude from one sketch as below. Try to put a chamfer around the window by selecting each line. You can't select the line to the left of the first line you select. You can make a new chamfer and it will take, but...
  8. B

I am not happy with V23. I keep getting weird things like edges not not able to be selected for chamfering. I've been having various issues since I upgraded and assumed they were the usual bugs that would be fixed asap or were the result of modifying old models. Well that doesn't seem to be...
  9. B

What to do about V22 errors

I am a user of Alibre Design expert for approx 14 years. In all this time I have never felt the need to visit this forum. Unfortunately, since V22 I'm experiencing a significant number of random problems. Version: V22 64-bit [Build 22061] Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.19041.0 Processor...
  10. B

starting point of toolpath

When profiling the start point is always the start point of the curve. For closed rectangles and circles it is the start point of the feature, so it will be the first click location of the rectangle. Inside- outside selection and climb vs conventional determine the direction. Mike
  11. B

ALIBRE CAM VS WHAT IS POSTED

Dan, The easiest way I have found is to set the MCS using the x y and z input boxes. The numbers you put in will be from the Alibre part windows coordinate system. So in part mode, figure out where you want the MCS. Remember MCS orientation can't be changed in Cam. Also, I noticed in the...
  12. B

alibre on Mac OS (Apple)

I use Alibre on: 1. Dual Core Mac mini, 2g ram, OS X Leopard with Boot Camp, Windoz XP. This is the older Mac mini, they now have core 2 dual CPU's. Runs great, fast, no problems. 2. MacBook, core 2 dual, 4g ram, OS X Leopard with Boot Camp, Windoz XP. Runs even faster, no problems. This...