What's new

Search results

1. S

Invisible Ink?

I just noticed the same tonight ?? Scott
  2. S

For Sale

What is resonable, I could put it on ebay and see what happens !! I`m thinking somewhere above $500 each, maybe I`m wrong ??? If some one is really interested I will double check on the other license for the software - Msc motion etc Regards, Scott
  3. S

For Sale

Sorry I made a boo boo !! All the maintance are still fully uptodate, I have edited the above .... Regards, Scott
  4. S

For Sale

Had to make a business decision, tough, but some times has tobe done... Alibre is still a very capable CAD package. Lets just say I had to pay for the enhancements now !!! Someone else hopeful gets to enjoy the software as much as I have and I will continue too !!! Scott
  5. S

For Sale

For Sale Hello All, I have the following for sale, I can split or sell together. I still need to check in relation to Alibre converting the matainance agreement, but fingers crossed they have been great so far. I have the following -...
  6. S

crash recovery?

I'm pretty sure we have been getting alot more hang ups with 9.0. We have been working on an oilfield product [downhole tools] which is basically alot of rotation parts, say about 50. Sometimes when producing drawings we find it a little difficult to tell weather Alibre has hung or is still...
  7. S

Solidworks / Alibre Observations

Re: What gareth says here is exactly my love, hate relasionship with Alibre. I really like the easy of use and the thoughtful way Alibre is laid out, but the speed issue [and sometimes figuring the work arounds] can be painful for us...
  8. S

Time for 2d assembly layouts

What about non-helixed parts, is Alibre particularly slow or in the ball park of other packages. I have seen some comments about java vs. .NET would this speed things up much ?? Or is the problem really just 3D CAD and all the work the CPU has to-do ... Regards, Scott
  9. S

Time for 2d assembly layouts

Sorry I do not have that much experience, is this just with the Alibre drawing module, or is this the same with all other 3D CAD packages. I can imagine helix's take alot of calculations - does a super powerful graphics card help this ?? Scott
  10. S

Exporting 2D Section

If say you take a cut through section thru a helical thread, then you will see the face plus all the projected lines of the helix as it spirals. These extra lines take quite a bit of time to delete and clean up, thus is not a very quick and easy way to get a clean plane section. I'm not...
  11. S

Sketching tips

That would be great, I only noticed it when it poped up to the top of the forum. Its great information, kinda whats missing from the manual !! Regards, Scott
  12. S

Sketching tips

Would it be an idea to put these tips on the Alibre Knowledge base section of there support site ?? Thus there would be good place to find this information ?? Regards, Scott
  13. S

Exporting 2D Section

Exporting 2D Section Sorry, I was wondering if someone could confirm the best way to export a 2D section of a part [without the 3D projections as you would see in the drawing module] Is the following method correct, or is there a better way ?? -...
  14. S

User meeting results

I have to say I really did enjoyed this thread, even though maybe some confidencial information was disclosed. It gave me a feeling of the future, and made me think Alibre are trying hard, this I find interesting. And its the customer relationship I would love to see more off, giving us a...
  15. S

Alibre Performance on a Media Center Edition OS

Just wondering what specific problems are you seeing thus maybe I can replicate ?? Regards, Scott
  16. S

For clarity, I'm using a Gateway MX6650 for traveling, this computer also run's Abaqus FEA, this is a pretty intensive application. The specs are - Processor Intel® Centrino™ Mobile Technology with Intel® Pentium® M Processor 750 (2 MB L2 Cache | 1.86 GHz | 533 MHz FSB) Chipset Intel®...
  17. S

I'm using on a Media Centre OS. Have not really seen any major issues. I'm not able to use the dual screen option, but I guessing that is more related to the laptop \\ graphics card than the operating system. Regards, Scott
  18. S

news flash

Yep would love to know if its extra cost or incorperated in the license cost we have already ?? Sounds like an excellent improvement !!
  19. S

Part association with MSC.Nastran

Helpdesk figured it out for me.... The Option to update geometry in Nastran is grey'd out,. Thus if you change the geometry in a model you are analysing in Alibre\\Nastran, hit Tools > Add-0ns > Visual Nastran, from Alibre and Nastran will be updated, keeping all the constraints attached...
  20. S

Part association with MSC.Nastran

Part association with MSC.Nastran When using the Tools > Add-0ns > Visual Nastran to start up an analysis of a assembly, I was wondering if anyone else had the function to update part gray'd out ?? With CAD association to Nastran Motion, you should be able to...