What's new

Search results

1. S

Hole callout when doing a counter drilled, drilled hole

Hole callout when doing a counter drilled, drilled hole Using the hole tool I place a Counter Drilled, Drilled hole in a part. C-drill dia = .177, C-drill depth = .250, drill depth=Thru, drill dia=.136. The callout generated on the 2d drawing just shows 0.136 depth THRU. Why doesn't it...
  2. S

Hole callouts in imported solids

Hole callouts in imported solids I have a part that was originally done in AutoCAD. I've imported it into Alibre and added some holes using the Alibre hole tool. The design history shows the original solid plus the two added holes as expected. Problem is, when I...
  3. S

Loft with guide curve

Loft with guide curve Guys - I need some help understanding what I'm doing wrong here. I'm trying to do a loft with a guide curve but can't seem to get anything but an error message saying "BAD_UV_NET_DIR: Surface U and V are in the same or opposite...
  4. S

Loft with guide curve problem part

Loft with guide curve problem part Here is the part from my post in the "Using AD" section. Robert
  5. S

Alibre CAM and coordinate systems

Alibre CAM and coordinate systems Is there a way to re-define the coordinate system of a model either within Alibre itself or within Alibre CAM? My problem is that the CAM systems all need the Z axis to be the axis in which the milling cutter moves vertically. If...
  6. S

How to get drawings from Windows file system to repository?

How to get drawings from Windows file system to repository? I have a project with about a hundred part and assembly files currently stored in my Windows file system. I need to be able to move these files into my online repository so I can share them with someone else. I can't figure out...
  7. S

ALGOR after upgrade to 9.1????

ALGOR after upgrade to 9.1???? Just tried to bring up a part in ALGOR after my 9.1 upgrade - no go. I get an error that says "Unable to locate CAD interface. Check your installation or contact your sales representative for more information about the CAD...
  8. S

Algor (and other add-ins) license terms

Algor (and other add-ins) license terms I know that with Alibre Design and PhotoRender (Both internal Alibre products) the license allows you to install the applications on more than one computer as long as only one copy will be in use at a time. Question is does this...
  9. S

Need ideas how to draw a sheet metal part properly

Need ideas how to draw a sheet metal part properly Take a look at the sheet metal part I uploaded in the binaries section (http://www.alibre.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2812). Although the part more or less looks like it should at this point it won't unfold into a proper development...
  10. S

Need ideas how to draw a sheet metal part properly

Need ideas how to draw a sheet metal part properly Take a look at the sheet metal part, attached. Although the part more or less looks like it should at this point it won't unfold into a proper development drawing - not sure why. I also can't add additional flanges to the bottom of...
  11. S

SP1 installation woes

SP1 installation woes Anyone having trouble installing SP1 this morning? I've failed to get it installed correctly on 2 different systems now. First one seemed to download and install correctly but now when I try to open Alibre I get the famous...
  12. S

SP1 for Alibre v9

SP1 for Alibre v9 Have you seen the list of fixes (http://www.alibre.com/products/readme-a ... s_Fixed_in) to be released in the SP1 for v9 next week? Looks almost like a summary of the last couple of weeks of discussion in the forum. It's great to...
  13. S

V9.0 Documentation

V9.0 Documentation I sure wish each new rev of documentation would include callouts pointing out Sections / Paragraphs / Chapters that have been "Updated" or are "NEW". I hate having to comb through several hundred pages of docs trying to figure out...
  14. S

Defining planes in a 3D sketch

Defining planes in a 3D sketch I have a 3D sketch that has 3 points that are the result of doing a fillet between 2 lines in different planes (The 2 endpoints of the arc and the arc center). I now need to define a plane that contains these 3 points or at least set...
  15. S

Moving drawings from one size sheet to another

Moving drawings from one size sheet to another Is there a way to take the complete contents of a 2D drawing and move it to another sheet? I have found that I can move views one by one using the Move command but there doesn't seem to be a way to easily move non-part view notes and...
  16. S

x

x x.
  17. S

Compacting part file size

Compacting part file size Anyone have any idea if there is a way to compact a drawing file size? I have a fairly complex part that as originally drawn was about 6.5 meg in size. This part has 55 distinct components listed in the drawing explorer...
  18. S

Batch Plot utility

Batch Plot utility I would like to see Alibre introduce a batch print/plot utility similar to what AutoCAD has. I regularly have drawing sets for a particular machine that run into the 50-60 drawing pages in size spread across 30-35 drawing files. If...
  19. S

How to locate inserted catalog parts???

How to locate inserted catalog parts??? I'm having quite a time getting the insert catalog feature functions to work in a useful manner. When inserting a catalog sketch I don't see any way to specify how the sketch should be positioned on the base plane I'm putting it on...
  20. S

Equation Editor problems

Equation Editor problems Has anyone found a way around the equation editor's stringent unit type checking requirements? I'm trying to develop a model of a gear that will be fully parametric: enter the pitch diameter, diametral pitch and # of teeth and the...