What's new

Search results

1. Andy

Assembly Group & Rearrange Parts In Assembly Tree

It would be good to be able to create sub-assemblies in this fashion. So, grouping a number of parts together would retain constraints between them as well. When designing, sub-assemblies are not always clear until further down the track when looking at manufacturing and BOM. It is then a pain...
  2. Andy

V25 Sluggish for me. Still loses contraints.

Yes done that when selecting the high performance adaptor, I will try the other options and let you know
  3. Andy

I did not try the beta and when updating to V25 a box came up suggesting I check which graphics adaptor I am using which I did and selected 'High performance GPU:AMD Radeon R7 M340' rather than the previous setting which was 'Let Windows decide'.
  4. Andy

Thanks Nate, not the answer I was hoping for.
  5. Andy

I have not only found it sluggish but it keeps crashing, three times yesterday and again this morning. It just freezes for no apparent reason (although I have the feeling it may be that I have been egging it on and perhaps clicking on things too fast) I have lost a whole lot of time on this as...
  6. Andy

HOLE, CENTER TO CENTER MEASURMENT. HOW DO I?

There is another short way of doing it without opening the measurement box. click on the first hole making sure you select the hole and not one of its edges, hold down the shift key and select the second hole and the centre distance will be shown in the bottom right hand corner of the screen...
  7. Andy

Poll: organizing your files

Having used Alibre for 15 years or so now, starting from the days of the 'Repository' then we had 'M files' which essentially held all files in a single folder, then the 3D Systems thing happened (or rather didn't happen, a few years of standing still and minimal support so we had to migrate to...
  8. Andy

Suggestions for new features

Generate actual screw threads rather than just a visual representation so they are formed when 3D printing. We drop Alibre parts into Fusion just to do that rather than go to the aggravation of forming helicals.
  9. Andy

Hi Harold, thanks so much for taking the time out to help, the two hole demo was just a way to show that 'features' are not available when placing holes unless you go back to edit the sketch as you did in the last method. Incidentally, your method with the single feature line was much a cleaner...
  10. Andy

Thanks for that Harold, however, it hasn't quite covered what I was referring to, I don't think I have explained it properly. This video below will explain better: https://www.screencast.com/t/SsR0NOPR
  11. Andy

Not so much a new feature but an improvement none the less. When creating a series of holes the reference features are not available to help position them. By setting them in a random position and then going back to edit the holes the reference features are then active. It would be good not...
  12. Andy

Should I or shouldn't I?

I thought I would dip my toe in the 3d printer water and have spent some time looking at what is available for £300-£400. I have changed my mind more times than I care to mention but the money is burning a hole in my pocket so if I don't spend it soon it will disappear. So, I have arrived (sort...
  13. Andy

pdf conversion

Thanks David & Ken, PDFCreator works well, all up and running now, thanks again.
  14. Andy

pdf conversion

I have been having problems converting drawings to pdf format, in the systems option I have the choice of Visage, MS Print to PDF and Foxit Phantom. None of these work properly, either distorting/omitting text or just not working at all. Am I doing something wrong or have a setting incorrectly...
  15. Andy

Alibre Vault

Ten years or so ago we started with Alibre and used the repository then M-files came along. Although I did not get fully to grips with the M-files package we used it on a stand alone PC for all our CAD design work and I designed all our main current products on it. One thing that taught me was...
  16. Andy

Alibre Design contract services - Requesting or Offering

I first started using Alibre over ten years ago and our company, www.keencut.co.uk , have made most of its current product range using it. We have now jumped back on board after a couple years of disillusionment while 3D had it. We now find ourselves wanting to march forward with a more...
  17. Andy

Transferring Vault contents to standard windows folder

I am changing my main computer and at the same time would like to export a copy of all the vaults files to a standard windows folder. I have tried 'Export' but it does not seem to transfer all the files. I think I am missing a trick here somewhere, can anyone help?
  18. Andy

Time to upgrade the CAD?

If there is not or it takes too long I think we will be off.
  19. Andy

Time to upgrade the CAD?

Has anyone heard anything about when the next upgrade will be released, it always used to be around October but that seems to have gone by the wayside as well in recent years.
  20. Andy

Time to upgrade the CAD?

The question of ‘stay or go’ is something I have been toying with for at least a year or so now and have come to the conclusion that there are a number of factors to take into consideration and your personal (if self employed) or companies requirements for a CAD system I think needs to be at the...