What's new

Search results

1. W

STL vs STP file size

Hey Preben, An STL file is a point cloud representing the vertices for the triangles and data that defines the normals (inside/outside), and depending on the deviation of the edges of the triangles relative to the true contour, the STL file can grow to a very large size. STL files are typically...
  2. W

Boolean subtract problem with a Catia step file.

It appears that the STEP file is a SHELL or a SOLID that had features that resulted in a NON-WATER-TIGHT entity. I've STEP files of SOLID PARTS created with CATIA import as a SHELL in CREO due to small features were the accuracy was insufficient to generate a solid at import, and vice-versa. Or...
  3. W

Z88 Aurora V2 release

Download links are all to German versions, and I don't speak German :( Got a link to an English installer?
  4. W

Why can't I get this to sweep?

Hi Simon, You have some overlap issues in the transistion between your two curves. Zoom in close and you can see the overlap. Setting the SWEEP to RIGID seems to ignore the error. Trimming the overlap allowed the SWEEP to be produced without checking the RIGID option. The length of the overlap...
  5. W

How to scale an empty drawing

Hi Ton It looks ad though AD won't let us create a blank sheet/view and apply a scale. Being a 3D modeling tool, such as it is, sketching a layout in 2D shouldn't be necessary, right? Well, not for me. The nomal evolution of almost everything I've designed goes like this; doodle on scratch...
  6. W

.stl ... how to increase resolution?

Meshlab is another nice STL viewer...
  7. W

.stl ... how to increase resolution?

I use CATIA V5 extensively to generate meshes used for Selective Laser Sintering and I have found the easiest thing to control is the surface deviation, or "SAG" as CATIA calls it. Depending on the part size and the desired or require output, a value of .003" or even .010" works just fine. I...
  8. W

V11 and Algor Designcheck not working?

Did a clean install of windows and everything works great now. Running Alibre Design Expert V11.1 and ALGOR V23 SP1. I guess windows just gets broken sometimes.... :|
  9. W

Gave up on trying to get ALGOR Design Check to work. Uninstalled, reinstalled, both the Alibre version and the ALGOR version. Cleaned the registry, rebooted with no luck. Both versions would run right after an install from the start menu, but never from Tools/Add ons. After a reboot neither...
  10. W

Tried both ALGOR versions, the one from the Alibre downloads page and the one from ALGOR. The Alibre version would not launch from ADD-ONs, but would run from the Programs menu. The ALGOR version would not launch either of the following two ways, but would launch by using "Run As" from the right...