What's new

Search results

1. M

GM Version 16?

Everyone should know Mecsoft does charge full price and you get a new license and dongle. I thought it was strange and figured they were being protective of their product because they got burned in the past or at least something to that affect. Protect your CAM dongle is all I can say.
  2. M

GM Version 16?

Simulation is not there but VisualCAM is and it works. Thankfully I don't use Simulation much at the moment but I will be angry if I have to repurchase (not angry yet just saying I would be) Just opened a obj file no problem. None of this capability was there before. Keep an open mind, this...
  3. M

GM Version 16?

Also and this is the big also... If you so choose a USB Dongle, guard with you life and keep on your body at all times or hire a security force to keep an eye on it. I won't bother you with the story but typically the replacement cost of the dongle is full replacement license cost. Not sure...
  4. M

GM Version 16?

Just installed and loaded an organic scan. This was the big test for me and it worked flawlessly. This is what I had been waiting for for some time as far as cross over tech from the other various acquisitions. The Sycode converter I used previously was useless (and paid for unfortunately)...
  5. M

VisualCAM for Geomagic

Had one crash. Did not see there was an update already, thanks Just noticed the multithread option runs the MO's simultaneously (roughing and re-roughing) but it then asks for simulation of roughing. Much faster than before. With the previous version I thought I needed a better laptop. Not...
  6. M

VisualCAM for Geomagic

Installed Multi-threaded as well besides the HSM (2D) already mentioned. Found in "Set Machining Preferences". Check "always generate toolpaths in multiple threads". Verified a 3D Advanced path using 4 (of my 8 ). With this simple part it generated quickly. Ease of use is the same and...
  7. M

Do you use AlibreCAM?

Sorry for the late post. I have been using AlibreCAM Pro since the beginning and have done well with it all this time. The only thing that really bugged me for some time was the lack of some advanced roughing strategy which we needed to reduce machining time. We bought Volumill Nexion last...
  8. M

Recommended CNC for Alibre

Fryer Mill with Anilam Control works great with AlibreCam/Mecsoft. Fryer is a decent machine for low $$ especially when buying used. Their newer mills use a Siemens based control (screen looks like higher end DMG machine).
  9. M

Alibre CAM V3

Maybe it is a case of not vetting the wording with a native speaker? Even if the person who wrote it lives here in the US for a long time. I find when learning other languages you become really proficient when you understand the feeling of a word?? Getting the right feel for words and...
  10. M

Mecsoft now handling support!

I have also received AlibreCam 3 Pro and a dongle but have yet to try and register on the forum. Will try One thing positive I do have to say though. I like the amount of emails I have been getting lately from Mecsoft concerning AlibreCam and their business in general. In a way it makes one...
  11. M

Alibre CAM V3

So I tried it and you do need a dongle. You can't register without a dongle If you still want to use your cam (AlibreCam 2) DON"T INSTALL 3 until you talk to Mecsoft and get a dongle
  12. M

Alibre CAM V3

..which totally does not jive with the install item line 3) 3. Please note that, unlike older versions of Alibre CAM, you will require a hardware key (Dongle) to run this product. So I was mislead by : Alibre CAM 3 requires the Alibre Design 2012 or above to be installed. If you have not...
  13. M

Alibre CAM V3

According to this it seems like if you are an existing customer its simply an on-line registration. http://alibrecam.mecsoft.com/Downloads.shtml Would have liked to see some new roughing strategies but it's still a massive value for the performance and functionality.
  14. M

It always is some way or another
  15. M

I guess I am stating the obvious... I would say this is why they passed it to Mecsoft. I know Mecsoft did step it up a big notch by using outside help for something in their 5 axis strategy. GibbsCam, Edgecam, SolidCam etc used them as well and I figure this will add to the cost if someone...
  16. M

Hi Max, First, for some reason I didn't get an email saying that there were responses to this thread so I did not look for a couple of days. Sorry everyone Second, sorry for all the negativity. I should be happy for Alibre and I am (maybe I am jealous because I don't have that kind of...
  17. M

Mecsoft has always pushed the support back to Alibre because it was Alibre's product. It is not unheard of in the Cam industry that a Cam provider uses another company to develop something for them like 5-Axis capability or the use of Volumill in several products. Given the new path of Alibre...
  18. M

Engrasp Closing

I just received an email announcing the closing of Engrasp (Engineers Toolbox). I personally liked the tool and used it more that I originally thought. It was more handy than turning to my old books and calculator. Just a miscellaneous rambling that I am saddened they had to close their doors...
  19. M

alibre on Mac OS (Apple)

My Nephew ran Alibre (10 I think) trial on a MAC emulated and it performed seemingly better than my Dell M4300
  20. M

Graphics card selection help

I know a little late but I am running an ATI FirePro V4800 GDDR5 1Gb PCIe with two monitors on a 64bit Windows 7 system with ZERO problems or issues (Expert). I am also an Nvidia user but the previous 4400 card did not work well in 7 Maybe this helps someone