What's new

Search results

1. R

Thumbnail Generation

Anyone else experiencing issues generating a thumbnail of an alibre doc in explorer or in file open - problem crashes and restarts windows explorer or Alibre. This is a recent problem. Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.15063.447, time stamp: 0x951324bb Faulting module...
  2. R

Heavy Loading Time

Recently my GeoMagic Design (aka Expert) has had this extremely heavy cpu load in starting up - it takes nearly 2 minutes (with my 6core) and locks up the keyboard/mouse/system 2-3 times before opening the start bar. Searched the topics but nothing is popping up? Thanks in advance for any...
  3. R

RETIRED Expert 11.2 - Translate License

Spun up my copy to review an Inventor Model and a Translate dialog tells me "A valid Alibre Design license is required to import this file" :? Everything else seems to work and keys appear current. the two other threads really didn't have any resolve and I know the Expert license has translate...
  4. R

SUBSCRIPTIONS and "retired" users

Hopefully this will not spark another debate but once again considering whether it is beneficial to reinvest in Alibre (update subscription) which I had stopped using simply due to some tech issues and sporadic usage. With a client project closing shortly, I am considering investing a bit of...
  5. R

Strange Behavior - Circles in Sketch

Below is an image of a fairly straightforward sketch Since we can't edit PATTERNS I changed them into REFERENCE IMAGES to use their centers for positioning marks Then I started to create an arc on one of the centers - starting and stopping at the intersection of the two images release and...
  6. R

Best Approach - Purist or Jobber

Approach is an underlying aspect of CAD - questions of reuse, tolerance, fit, realism all come into play. With the precision that these applications offer us - it can become interesting when we sweat the little stuff in most industries it is important to have components fit and much easier when...
  7. R

V11.1 - HELICAL CUT doesn't export well

Doing a helical cut across an entire extrusion (ALMOST verbatim to the tut for sanity sake) and the threads do need to be cut across the entire length. However, Alibre only seems to want to export (STP/IGS) the ends of the extrusion and not the THREADs themselves (Hypershot/3D Max Studio) IGES...
  8. R

PARAMETRICS for who?

Recently, I was helped on the forum with a problem I had in associating geometry orientation on a moving face (HELICAL BOSS) http://www.alibre.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8702 and in an earlier thread http://www.alibre.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8684 What does seem a bit surprising that...
  9. R

V11.1 - Associative Plane HELICAL w/SWEEP at end - Revisted

Having a problem with getting an INSERT PLANE to cooperate with <<edge1>> and the Y-AXIS The other end of this coil in <<plane8>> demonstrates what WE ARE TRYING to have happen Wondering if this is simply another variation of the earlier issue we had. (coincides that it is on the...
  10. R

V11 - Associative Plane for Sketch (Sweep Boss)

I may be over thinking this but HELP/TUTS and FORUM searches seem fruitless. Designing a helical coil similar to a basic extension spring (the kind with long hooks on either end) Either case, everything is fine as a static model until you change the number of turns. The SWEEP BOSS doesn't...