What's new

Search results

1. B

Union Pacific #4017 Big Boy

Giov Lost track of what site had this thread, thank you for the additional information Bob
  2. B

Union Pacific #4017 Big Boy

Hi You would not happen to have a link to that for better resolution so as to read all the text. Thank You Bob
  3. B

Loft and 2d Drawing Confusion - RESOLVED

David Sorry it took a bit to respond I had some minor surgery and was laid up for a bit. Thank you for answering my questions. I do apologize for not being clear on my "What is that?". Yes I expected the two circles but did not understand the line. Need to find out what a tangent edge is...
  4. B

Stefan, Jim Yes I did that also and of course it worked just fine as both of you noted. I probably use revolve for 98%+ of my shapes so to speak. Just did the loft as it seemed easier since I had the three dimensions. Still curious about the weird stuff! Then again having been in the...
  5. B

I have a strange problem, at least to me. I am drawing a bush to fit the head stock of my 15” lathe. I drew two specific circles on two planes a specific distance apart. I then used the loft tool to create the cone. I get a nice looking cone. I now want to know the angle of the cone. I create...
  6. B

A Small Complaint

Hi I have just loaded version 25, been running along fine on 24. I do not just take a new version, my issue, my choice been doing that since first started using Alibre around 2008. However, since I only do this about once a year, like everyone else I imagine, I forget that when the work...
  7. B

Surface Area **Resolved**

Harold I tried that and sure enough if I use dimension Inches or feet the value makes sense see feet value here. Here are results using Feet and Inches, one with decimal and one with fractions. How do you read either of those 3 ft 2709.8624 square in or 3 ft 2709 7/8 square in...
  8. B

Harold Thank you for the suggestion, I made it feet and sure enough I got 3.74089 sq feet, made it inches and got 538.6875 sq inches. all well and good same answers I calculated. However I do wish to keep the dimension feet and inches. Not going to go in and change properties every time I...
  9. B

I am sure when I get a response it will be obvious as Mt Everest, but right now I have no clue. I am using the measurement tool to determine the area of a very simple surface, a rectangle. It's measurements are 21.125" x 26.5", which equals 538.6875 sq inches or 3.74089 sq feet. The...
  10. B

2D Sheet Duplication

David Thats what I figured. Thank You Bob
  11. B

2D Sheet Duplication

I did a search on this and could find no recent threads indicating it was possible just an old one saying NO. I want to duplicate a 2D sheet with all its information in the same drawing file. Is that now available. Currently I am using the rather archaic approach of a "base Drawing File" and...
  12. B

Building a New PC

Max Thank You Bob
  13. B

Building a New PC

Hi I am about to upgrade to a new PC, I am currently on a Windows 7 system about 8 years old. I decided to build the following system based on both the information on the Alibre site and other suggestions for CAD based system. My objective is modeling and assemblies that have lots of moving...
  14. B

Upcoming surprise :D

Stefan I have been away for a bit. I guess you could call it animation, but isn't that the whole purpose of assembling parts together ie to see if they work. If the ratio ability combined with levers, cams or other mechanical concepts in my design need to be verified then this feature makes it...
  15. B

Upcoming surprise :D

Great addition to the tool chest. All my cabinet and engine drawings thank you. I will put in another vote for revolve ratios so my gears will work also. Then my engines will purr! Bob
  16. B

A discussion on our release cycles, timing, product naming

I strongly support shorter release date intervals. I think every 4 months is a bit ambitious. You need to find a balance, maybe do not fix the interval but lay out bundles and determine the when based on the design teams you can afford. Have you thought of just having rolling development...
  17. B

Angle dimension on 2D dwg

I never got that, at least I do not feel I am totally upside down. Guess its back to pencil and paper. Good thing the angle is not going to change I just need it for a rotary table movement by hand. I tried to get your drawing and could not get it to work like you, still wouldn't do your...
  18. B

I was afraid it was confusing. No I get a repeat of the 130 degree. I do want the detailed deg/min/sec, I set it that way. The issue is that it only gives the smaller included angle and I want the larger compliment angle. The circle is 360 degrees. I have two lines forming a 130 degree angle...
  19. B

Hi I am trying to get the measurement tool to give me an angle dimension. Let me explain further. As long as the two lines are less than 180 degrees I get just what I want. But if I want a measurement over 180 degrees I keep getting the smaller included angle. For example, if the smaller...
  20. B

Home Screen Layout

Nate It worked Bob