What's new

Search results

1. B

Loft and 2d Drawing Confusion - RESOLVED

I have a strange problem, at least to me. I am drawing a bush to fit the head stock of my 15” lathe. I drew two specific circles on two planes a specific distance apart. I then used the loft tool to create the cone. I get a nice looking cone. I now want to know the angle of the cone. I create...
  2. B

A Small Complaint

Hi I have just loaded version 25, been running along fine on 24. I do not just take a new version, my issue, my choice been doing that since first started using Alibre around 2008. However, since I only do this about once a year, like everyone else I imagine, I forget that when the work...
  3. B

Surface Area **Resolved**

I am sure when I get a response it will be obvious as Mt Everest, but right now I have no clue. I am using the measurement tool to determine the area of a very simple surface, a rectangle. It's measurements are 21.125" x 26.5", which equals 538.6875 sq inches or 3.74089 sq feet. The...
  4. B

2D Sheet Duplication

I did a search on this and could find no recent threads indicating it was possible just an old one saying NO. I want to duplicate a 2D sheet with all its information in the same drawing file. Is that now available. Currently I am using the rather archaic approach of a "base Drawing File" and...
  5. B

Building a New PC

Hi I am about to upgrade to a new PC, I am currently on a Windows 7 system about 8 years old. I decided to build the following system based on both the information on the Alibre site and other suggestions for CAD based system. My objective is modeling and assemblies that have lots of moving...
  6. B

Angle dimension on 2D dwg

Hi I am trying to get the measurement tool to give me an angle dimension. Let me explain further. As long as the two lines are less than 180 degrees I get just what I want. But if I want a measurement over 180 degrees I keep getting the smaller included angle. For example, if the smaller...
  7. B

Home Screen Layout

I just loaded up version 2018.2, yes I am a bit behind but working on a project and did not want to chance a screw up. I get all loaded up no problems, start working with it and the Open folder Icon is moved over to the left side. I did not think anything about it until I started a part. I...
  8. B

Gear Motion

I looked at some old posts but could find no information. I need to be able to make two shafts move at a ratio ie emulate a gear ratio. I have seen it done in other CAD programs. Is there a way to do it in Alibre? Bob
  9. B

Hole Callout on Curved surface

Solved - I accidentally had another view up and it worked in that one. I now remember that Alibre only recognizes the original hole, not any created by the pattern tool. You have to have the original on the drawing in order to get the callout. I have a cylinder with several tapped holes on...
  10. B

License Key requested in middle of session

Been using system since 2008 and never had this happen. In the middle of session it asked for license key and to connect to internet. Then nothing. When I try and get in it says connect to internet. It has a screen with my lic key on it. I did the ticket thing but now I have to wait. I have...
  11. B

How to stop a sliding drawer

Hi I have put together a cabinet with drawers. In the assembly I have the drawers constrained so they only move in and out. I thought there was a way to limit the travel. I thought I did it once on a milling machine assembly I did but cannot find it. Is there a way to stop the drawer when I...
  12. B

Extrusion Error

Hi At one time when I would get an extrusion error ie intersection or wire something or other, I would have a screen that came up and listed the issues and if I clicked on it the error would show up on the sketch. Is this feature gone or did I turn it off somehow? Thanks Bob
  13. B

Yet another Install Question

Hi I am trying to understand how to get from my current status of: Geomagic Design Version:[ 2015.1.1 ] 64-bit to : Alibre Design 2017.1.2 I updated my license in June, I never did get an email or anything confirming it, the money did disappear from my account. I have searched this forum...
  14. B

Obround issues

Hi I have tried about all combinations of this. Is it possible to copy an obround in a sketch? I have a sketch with circles and obrounds. When I do a select all everything turns blue. I go in edit and hit the copy button. I next close the sketch and open a new sketch same plane. I hit the...
  15. B

Constraining a part at an angle - Solved

Hi I have been using GM for many years and have never figured out how to constrain a part at an angle in an assembly. What I need to do is lock a square collet in a vise at a 45 degree angle. I have attached the assembly. I am using this to show fixturing sequences. I am sure it is simple...
  16. B

Dwg Image insert

Hi I have a view in the dwg workspace. I can insert text into that view and when I move the view the text will move with it. I have an image that I wish to insert into view so it will move with that view as the text does. How do I do that? Thanks Bob
  17. B

Duplicate Drawing Page

Hi I did some search's and could not find anything on this. I think I know the answer - it cannot be done. But here goes. I have a need to replicate a drawing sheet. I would like to make five identical copies, then go into each one and make a minor part change to each. There is lots of...
  18. B

Cone Flange

Hi I just started using the sheet metal tool. Been a user of the rest since 2006. I got a few parts made that are basic rectangular stuff no problem. I needed a cone so I made a nice one with the loft tool no problem - but no flange for overlap. I want to use the flange to rivet the cone...
  19. B

Geomagic Version 17 Assembly Issue

Hi I have run across a problem that I mentioned in the v17 thread, but thought I would just start a thread on this specific issue. I have reported this to Tech support with a ticket but I really have not got a good solution from them yet. I thought I would pose it here and see if any of you...
  20. B

Folder moving

Hi I want to move a folder that contains many common items for a design with over 60 parts. It is the folder that contains fasteners, special fittings, etc used throughout the design. The reason is the design and all the files are being sold to a customer. They want to purchase Alibre and...