What's new

Search results

1. OzBrand

How to tackle this one?

Hi All, It's been a long while since I've been on here (few years maybe). Haven't done too many projects lately. I'm a bit hung up on figuring the best way to handle this task. The pic attached is a shaft from a battery isolator which accepts a lever with two guide studs. I need to recreate...
  2. OzBrand

Sheet metal stamping feature question

G'day All, Seeking out the pros for some advice on a sheet metal part. I have had several attempts at replicating the dimple feature (as pictured in the attachments) using the sheet metal menu rather than the model menu. I have not had any success. We're using 1.5mm thick full hard copper...
  3. OzBrand

Sketch constraint questions.

Two functions I use quite regularly in sketch mode are the Linear/Circular Sketch Repeat and Offset features. Is there any way to automatically constrain these to the original sketch? To get around the former I will use the Linear/Circular Feature Pattern function but this just adds more...
  4. OzBrand

Transparent view in workspace

Anybody know if there is a way to switch to this transparent view in a workspace? For general viewing as opposed to editing, I mean... Cheers, Mike
  5. OzBrand

Dynamic Section View

Nice!
  6. OzBrand

Looking for the holy grail of CAD hardware resources

G'day. So I spent this afternoon hunting down mainstream hardware components for a project assembly I'm working on. I usually end up creating my own because of lack of external resources. Today I've been hunting down fasteners and found most of what I need. including from TraceParts but hit a...
  7. OzBrand

Constraint for offset sketching

G'day. I tend to use the sketch offset function a fair bit but I have been unable to determine a way to automatically constrain it to the original sketch. is there a function I'm not aware of that can do this. Example below. Cheers, Mike
  8. OzBrand

A 'how do I go about this' kind of question....

G'day People, I have the need to produce a drawing of a diecut shape from a curved surface I have modelled. The drawing is effectively a die line for cutting a self adhesive foam backing for an emblem. The emblem has a curved surface so I need to project the dimensions of this surface on to a...
  9. OzBrand

Thread issue - I'm screwed!

Okay, so that's a little exagerated but I've had to learn a few things about threads for a current project. It's not riveting stuff..... :wink: I have created a stand-off for securing a PCB to the inside of a plastic housing. The thread is a designed to be a self forming plastics type which...
  10. OzBrand

I've been defeated - help!

I've exhausted my options at trying to get the feature I need to work. I've tried everything that I can think of both 2D and 3D and obviously it isn't enough because there will be a way... I've attached a part file and a jpg. In the jpg you can see the lofted surface highlighted. On the...
  11. OzBrand

Domed ellipse

I've tried unsuccessfully to create a domed ellipse so here I am asking for some help. Help! The effect I'm trying to achieve is that of a resin domed label, an example being say the Ford blue oval emblem I've tried sweeping, revolving and lofting through guide curves but don't seem to be...
  12. OzBrand

Orienting an imported part to a plane

I've imported a sat file which I'm going to modify and I want to begin by chnaginging it's orientation in my workspace. I'd like to select one of the planar surfaces of the part and permanently orient it to my XY plane before I import it into my final assembly. Iguess this is a pretty basic...
  13. OzBrand

3D PDF Question....

G'day from Oz! Our marketing dept has decided they would like to utilise the 3D pdf feature as a sales tool. As our latest product has been completely designed in Alibe it seems a viable idea, however we want to use the PDF only for the pan and rotate features and not allow the model to be...
  14. OzBrand

Sketching on the reverse of a plane

Novice question! I have the need to sketch on the flip side of a plane to create a loft in the opposite direction. I can't seem to be able to do this successfully - am I overlooking something simple here? Is it a matter of changing the direction of the plane somehow? Cheers, Mike
  15. OzBrand

Guide curve guidance.............

As a follow up to my post of 'Can you help me find a solution to this one' and having waited a couple of days without a response from my support request to Alibre, I've been thinking about what could be the cause of my problem with the guide curve. As a guide path can be generated in both 2D...
  16. OzBrand

Can you help me find a solution to this one?

G'day all, Posting from West Oz here and first time on the forum. Just to describe the lay of the land, I'm an amateur modeller and relatively new to Alibre though I've completed all the basic tutorials and several of the advanced exercises from the extended DVD. I like to think I'm a quick...