What's new

Search results

1. S

Ribbon crossed out when saving file !!

Big red x for me today. First time I've used it in months, also on W10. W/O ribbon, how do I access the commands that were there? Thanks Szumi Answering my own question. When unchecking "Use Ribbon" also uncheck "Hide Menu" This is for Alibre Design Version: 2017.1.2 64-bit [Build 18701]
  2. S

What are the improvements since 16.0.2.16496?

I'm considering renewing maintenance at least for one year. I've been out of maintenance for a few years. What improvements/new features will I see? I do hope the new management makes a success of this.
  3. S

Maintenance Poll

I signed up for Alibre Expert or whatever the top level version was a few years ago. I'm a hobbyist for the most part but I will noodle out something for work at home. At work I have a seat of Solidworks so I have options. When the rep that used to post stated maintenance would stay at 299.00...
  4. S

Just wanted to say something nice about 3DS/Flexnet

I've been off support for about three years. I'm running V16 32 bit on my Win7 32 pc. Recently I purchased a new i7 quad core laptop and wanted to see if Geomagic would run. My first problem is my only 64 bit download I had on tap was V15. I signed into my Geomagic account and I found that I...
  5. S

"Next" release for GMD

I last paid for maintenance the middle of 2013. I had a feeling that this was going nowhere. I'm using it mostly as a hobbyist though I have used it to design a few things for work. I just hope the licensing system will live on after this product gets abandoned as it is useful in its current...
  6. S

Renew or Not?

I remembered being told that 299 was what my expert license would cost going forward for support. Then it went up and I renewed one more time before deciding this had got too rich for this hobbyist that has access to a seat of Solidworks at work.
  7. S

License Surpise

Any time technology that protects the providers screws the customer, the customer has a right to be upset.
  8. S

why I try not to be a "pioneer"

Other than being able to replicate your problem on GM16 Win7 x32 I don't have any insights.
  9. S

GM Subscription Price For v16 Upgrades?

I've been a Expert version user for a few years. Stringing me along on motion, telling my I have to buy dynamics as motion is dead has me considering just sitting out on renewing maintenance. The feature to convert Solidworks drawings has been nice but I can export solidworks to step files...
  10. S

GMD16? 2014?

I finally put GM16 on my XP laptop. It seems to be working. Thanks for answering my question.
  11. S

GMD16? 2014?

I read Mr.Monks reply in one of the threads and I had high hopes I was going to get Dynamics but as I read and re-read it became increasingly unclear. I don't use the xp laptop much but if GM16 has a chance of running I'll spend the time to uninstall and re-install the new version. Thanks for...
  12. S

GMD16? 2014?

I'm confused, I read about GM16 and I go on the Alibre site and see 2014. A link somewhere on this forum took me to Geomagic and I'm downloading GeomagicDesign_Setup_16. I just upgraded my desk top computer to Win 7 x32. I have expert and my support is current. I haven't upgraded in a while...
  13. S

GM Version 16?

Expert brought configurations, push pull, sheet metal, motion, and more import / output options. Those were the core upgrades as I remember. Motion got dumped and it was what I was hanging on for. Modeled a gatling gun, wanted to see it in motion. I'm a hobby guy at home. I have access to...
  14. S

GM Version 16?

I think any software provider that uses copy protection should have to use a key escrow service so if the software provider goes belly up and you bought a license for perpetual use, you are protected. Protecting my access to my intellectual property should be on the same level as protecting the...
  15. S

GM Version 16?

At this point as an expert licenced user that now has access to SW at work I think I'll just pass on renewing. I held on waiting for an improved Motion module and they reneged on that. I'll just freeze my version right here. It works well enough for what I do at home. Oh yeah, I haven't...
  16. S

Why am I getting a thanks for renewing email?

Snippet of email. What is going on? My support is good until 6/2014. Thank you for your purchase or renewal from 3D Systems. We have processed your order and your Geomagic software license information is below. Keep a copy of this information -- you'll need the activation code(s) below...
  17. S

XP and current version

Well I installed Geomagic on my XP Pro desktop machine. I have the Win7 Pro disks to up version the os on the machine. My laptop doesn't have an upgrade path so so I plan to use it until the end of support for XP. Then I'll buy another laptop. I don't like dealing with Windows version...
  18. S

XP and current version

Today I got a notice that my support is expiring in a month. That had me wondering if the 2013 version ever came out. So I fired up my copy of Alibre and asked it to check for updates. It said there were not any. I see I'm running Alibre Design™ Expert 2012. But I read some wonder version...
  19. S

I keep getting constraint error messages, help.

I tried playing with reference planes as the other responder mentioned but I didn't get anywhere. I think there may be a big issue with my understanding on how to work with assembly constraints. I can be a slow learner when I'm the teacher. :D However, I did try your way, worked my way...
  20. S

I keep getting constraint error messages, help.

I've been trying to create an assembly where two rafter elements of a gambrel roof storage shed are oriented with a 1.5" space between them for a ridge beam. I can't find any combination of constraints to do this and I've killed an hour or so at it. I want to array this later, and then drop in...