What's new

Search results

1. S

What are the improvements since 16.0.2.16496?

I'm considering renewing maintenance at least for one year. I've been out of maintenance for a few years. What improvements/new features will I see? I do hope the new management makes a success of this.
  2. S

Just wanted to say something nice about 3DS/Flexnet

I've been off support for about three years. I'm running V16 32 bit on my Win7 32 pc. Recently I purchased a new i7 quad core laptop and wanted to see if Geomagic would run. My first problem is my only 64 bit download I had on tap was V15. I signed into my Geomagic account and I found that I...
  3. S

GMD16? 2014?

I'm confused, I read about GM16 and I go on the Alibre site and see 2014. A link somewhere on this forum took me to Geomagic and I'm downloading GeomagicDesign_Setup_16. I just upgraded my desk top computer to Win 7 x32. I have expert and my support is current. I haven't upgraded in a while...
  4. S

Why am I getting a thanks for renewing email?

Snippet of email. What is going on? My support is good until 6/2014. Thank you for your purchase or renewal from 3D Systems. We have processed your order and your Geomagic software license information is below. Keep a copy of this information -- you'll need the activation code(s) below...
  5. S

XP and current version

Today I got a notice that my support is expiring in a month. That had me wondering if the 2013 version ever came out. So I fired up my copy of Alibre and asked it to check for updates. It said there were not any. I see I'm running Alibre Design™ Expert 2012. But I read some wonder version...
  6. S

I keep getting constraint error messages, help.

I've been trying to create an assembly where two rafter elements of a gambrel roof storage shed are oriented with a 1.5" space between them for a ridge beam. I can't find any combination of constraints to do this and I've killed an hour or so at it. I want to array this later, and then drop in...
  7. S

Anyone design kitchen cabinets using Alibre?

Just wondered if any recreational wood workers that use Alibre have designed kitchen cabinetry using Alibre and are willing to share your designs. If you use the Kreg jig system in your design that would be a real plus. Thanks, Szumi
  8. S

Alibre Design Expert 13.0 ?

I just renewed my in-maintenance product and the email called it Alibre Design Expert 13.0. Did I miss a notice along the way? Thanks, Szumi
  9. S

exporting a sheet metal to solidworks problem

I get a "Alibre Design can not create import file for conversion". Ideas? Screen shot attached. Thanks, Szumi
  10. S

Design Check (Algor)

I'm a bit irritated. Design check is going away the first time your puter dies or the hard disk fails. That we know will happen for a significant number of users, it is how things are with spinning media. Alibre needs to quit bundling stuff that is trial ware. Szumi Recent email: ALGOR...
  11. S

Alibre 2011 Sheet metal problem

This is probably simple but I drew a sketch, used the tab tool to turn it into sheet metal and then added flanges. Now I want to change thickness of sheetmetal. I would think edit on the tab object would have that option. I don't see it. What is the proper way? Thanks, Szumi
  12. S

The Home page is announcing Alibre Design 2011 but...

Where do I download? I checked downloads and I see 12.1 stuff. Someone jump the gun? Thanks, Szumi
  13. S

How to you remove an install and increase your licence count

I got a new box coming, I have one install left but I'm not planning on running Alibre of the desktop machine I am using when the new one shows up. I'd like to keep that third install in case a box fails or I buy a new one and have to get it up and running like on a weekend or such. How to...
  14. S

256MB ATI RADEON HD 3450 Graphics

Last night in anticipation of the next release I decided to buy a box to replace the w2k box I'm running 12.1 Expert on currently. Yes, some parts of Expert do not run on it. The new box is no a fire blazer but it has to be faster than my current pc, a w2k box I built in 2002 that works...
  15. S

Fighting and winning with 3d pdf publishing

I was fighting with a 31MB stp file exported from a Mechanical Desktop 2009 system. My intent was to make a 3d pdf of each section of a system I maintain at work. This is a fairly complex machine, 230 MB of step files. Publishing this assembly kept giving me the unexpected error message and...
  16. S

Alibre Cam

I recently upgraded to Expert. It comes with some form of CAM. I have questions. Is it a demo as in will it die in a year or so? What is it able to do? I need a license code, guess that will show up Tuesday, wish I had known that sooner. Is it a one machine license? Alibre allows me to...
  17. S

How do I constrain this fastener?

Round tube that I put a counter sink in. I'm trying to mate the head of the fastener with the FHSC. How do you do it? I can align the center of hole and fastener but after that I'm dead in the water. Thanks, Szumi
  18. S

Insert centermark isn't working on radius

I'm trying to make a drawing and I need to show dimensions to the center of a radius. The insert centermark tool doesn't work. A circle, not a problem. Help Thanks, Szumi
  19. S

Is there anyway to scale up an assembly in Alibre?

I got a number of step files of a very complicated assembly from Mech Desktop 2009 that has one major issue. It shows 9 inches as 9 mm. It isn't an Alibre problem. The problem shows up in Alibre, CoCreate, and Solidworks 2007. So our favorite program is off the hook on this one. Is there...
  20. S

drawing units wrong importing step file

I imported a large assembly and when I got around to trying to create a drawing, I'm finding what should be 9 inches is being dimensioned as 9 mm. If I used the measure tool in the assembly view, it confirms the edge is modeled as 9 mm. What do I do to correct the import? Thanks, Szumi...