What's new

Search results

1. K

"Paste" in Drawings

I didn't know I could do this with notes so I am glad to learn something new. You have to be outside of a drawing view when you right click for the paste option to show.
  2. K

Shortcut Keys Stop Working

This has also happened to me. Right when I started using v26 two of the shortcut keys I use all the time didn't work. I checked to see if the shortcuts were still assigned to those keys and they were so they should have worked. They did start working at some point but every once in a while...
  3. K

Cleaning Blunt Thread Ends

This is the method I use: 1. For the helical boss, under the advanced tab, select start and end condition natural and profile orientation normal. 2. Create a new axis selecting the end of the thread and the axis the helix was revolved around adjusting the location to the desired spot. 3. Select...
  4. K

Poll - Screen Resolution / DPI

1920 x 1080 @ 100%
  5. K

"Viewport" Size???

Jason, Do you have any hidden layers in the drawing for that viewport? I've experienced similar then realized the hidden layers must be within the title block for the drawing to print properly. Ken
  6. K

Visual Indication Part is Fully Constrained

Turn on "Automatically analyze sketch" in the system options and it will tell you before you close your sketch or extrude the sketch that there are problems. Ken
  7. K

How do I hatch an area with a circular edge tangent to a line?

To get the line segment you need to create the hatch you can activate sketch in that view then add a line segment constraining the end points to the end of the arc and end of the line. The line segment can then be selected and the hatch area closed. Ken
  8. K

Selection thru a part

You could expand the part in the design explorer to see the faces. Expand the faces and move your cursor over each face listed. They will highlight on the part. Click on it and it will be selected. Ken
  9. K

Select by Layer Tool

Got it. Thanks for the help.
  10. K

Select by Layer Tool

How do I add a select by layer tool in 2D drawings that was listed in the Product Features for 2017.1? I've looked at customizing toolbars but don't see anything there. Alibre Version 2017.1 64-bit [Build 18508] Ken
  11. K

2017.1 Soft launch is live

Same here. I can pan but no zoom.
  12. K

Ordinate dimensions balky?

Could the double click be the problem? Alibre seems a little slow to recognize the first line selection. Try clicking line wait 1/2 a second and click to position the zero dimension. Ken
  13. K

Dimension Suffix Text

If you click on the dimension the toolbar pops up that says "change dimension". In the suffix box you type the text you want and when you want to go to the second line press and hold control then enter to go to the second line. The suffix box only shows one line at a time but you can go through...
  14. K

"Next" release for GMD

I don't know why I still have it but I received a book with v9.1 - Alibre Design 9.1 User Guide ©2006 and 585 pages. Ken
  15. K

Unlink BOM from a sheet?

You are right, the help file is not very clear and is incorrect. The RMB functionality is there however if you right click on the feature above the sheets instead of the view of the BOM. Deleting the BOM view won't unlink it, but unlinking the BOM will delete the BOM view. Ken
  16. K

Printing just the sheet???

Check any layer that is not visible to see if there is something on that layer that goes beyond the border of the drawing. If there is it will have to be brought inside the border of the drawing for it to be centered correctly. Ken
  17. K

Component Placement/Triad woes...

Try without minimum motion mode. I have found the rotation problems you describe if trying to use the triad with minimum motion active. Ken
  18. K

Component Placement/Triad woes...

Jeff, I don't know if this is what you are experiencing but when using the triad tool the part will move or rotated in the yellow colored direction. When you hover over another axis or orbit circle it will change to a tan color but won't be selected until you click(press and release) the mouse...
  19. K

Configuration Locking (Unable to)

I have experienced this myself and work around it by right clicking the configuration>edit then check the Select All box or just the features you want to lock. I tried it on your file and it works for your file also. Ken
  20. K

Geomagic Design V17

Hi ZaF, I did receive a reply rather quickly back when I submitted the ticket. The hotfix that was released shortly after that corrected the problems I was having opening certain files and I have been using v17 successfully since. Ken