What's new

Search results

1. R

Modeling Bicycle Frame Questions

I am working to make a bicycle frame. I aligned the tubes via aligning the geometries of the tubes. I extruded the short tube using mid plane. Notice the parts are off of any organizing geometry. Is this a problem for when I want to add more frame tubes? Is there a way to, in place, shape...
  2. R

Motion in Assembly Drawing

When I grab the foreground part, it slides both parts highlighted in blue along it's axis. When I grab the background part it does not move and is fixed to the part it's mated to. I want to be able to slide both parts. Before I changed the background part for cosmetic reasons, and it was the...
  3. R

Rotating a part in an assembly

I want to flip the parts highlighted in blue. The foreground part wants the bottom to be the top and the background part wants the outside to be inside.
  4. R

Parts not sliding after mate - SOLVED

After I set up a mate between two parts - mating one face on each part - the two parts then seem frozen together in all aspects. I would expect the parts to slide against each other along the faces where they are mated. I only mated one plane so I think the parts should move against each other...
  5. R

Modeling an Axial Cooling Fan

I am attempting to make a cooling fan that screws onto the end of an electric motor. I created the model attached and have several questions: EDIT: This motor is an out-runner motor where the parts you see rotate around a stator core. 1. The fan should extract air from the motor. Once created...
  6. R

Process question

I have a question about the process of modeling this part. Where I am lacking info is modeling the part so I can make changes easily. I want to make the flange wider. When I change the dimension to make it wider - what happens is the dimension is fixed to one side and it just moves into space...
  7. R

9003 Error

Very much a beginner issue. I am trying to extrude the "handle" of this part. It's not the same depth as the already extruded part. I am not sure how to handle this issue. Thanks for your help.
  8. R

Alibre Novice - Scale Prining with Professional 2011

I tried with two printers, Laserjet 1022 & Canon i9100 to get a full scale drawing. Then I tried to print to PDF full scale. There is no print to scale dialog box that comes up in any of the print software for the above printers. Each does have some scale settings in print preferences but...