What's new

Search results

1. J

"Your license key expires in 12 days"

My Maintenance Agreement is up for renewal shortly. I will probably renew - I am still trying to decide whether I get any real value from the Maintenance Agreement. Getting access to all patches and upgrades will probably push me to renew. (I certainly don't get any "value-add" from the local...
  2. J

Can't create 2D drawings any more ...

All of a sudden, I seem to have lost the ability to generate 2D drawings. I'm not sure what the problem is, but when I am in part mode, and try to create a new 2D drawing of the part, Alibre no longer pops up the form to choose which standard views to generate. What I get is the following: 1...
  3. J

Problem using Alibre STL files for Rapid Prototyping

I am just starting to get into Rapid Prototyping (RP) - that is to say, I have just ordered the parts for a Prusa Mendel http://reprap.org/wiki/Prusa , and in a couple of months I will hopefully be ready to start making some parts, which I intend to model in Alibre. I have been experimenting...
  4. J

Thin-walled steel fabrications - zero thickness export?

One of my primary uses for Alibre Standard 12.1 is for modelling plate steel fabrications, such as stiffened steel chutes, for export to an FEA package (not Algor) for analysis and design. (See image for a typical fabrication.) Ideally, I would like to export a "zero-thickness" surface model...
  5. J

"Surface Patches" in Alibre / Algor DesignCheck?

Does anyone know if it is possible to somehow define "Surface Patches" in Algor DesignCheck (or in Alibre models which are then analysed in Algor DesignCheck) so that I can apply a boundary condition or pressure load to just PART of a defined surface, rather than the WHOLE surface? (Or is this...