What's new

Search results

1. R

PADS DXF TO AD

Hi, Good Day i have a DXF from Mentor PADS Layout. when imported it to AD, layout is not correct. but in AutoCad the layout is perfect. please lend me your knowledge on this, below are the file and screenshots i have tried: -check/uncheck AD import options -save as DXF from PADS to Autocad's...
  2. R

AD 12.1 is out!

sorry. got it! v12_1.exe
  3. R

AD 12.1 is out!

i think it is still v12
  4. R

How to add hole to side of cylinder

hi, actually you can pls follow steps below -draw a circle and extrude -click hole icon, select a plane (not the cylinder surface) on where the hole will start, select/position the hole on that plane. (please note that you can always add plane if you like the hole to start at the bottom of the...
  5. R

Measure true length of complex curve

hi, i have tried that in SW before, you can click start, end, and the curve to get the length. you cannot do that with Alibre's Dimension command (as far as i know) Alibre only has Measurement Tool available for that, it will show: Circular Arc: Center Point: Radius: Start Point: End Point...
  6. R

holes on a cylinder

hi Josef, please see attached sheetmetal part, as i didnt encounter that error upon selecting "Project As Flat Pattern" hints: try to put the hole on Unbend state try to use "part modeling -cut extrude" and not "sheetmetal -cut"... i cant explain, but error appears on flat pattern when u use...
  7. R

holes on a cylinder

hi, this might be an unsolicited reply but hope this will help. i have been laser cutting a lot these days. i guess youll need dxf to run the file on the laser 1] create new drawing on the drawing workspace 2] browse your sheetmetal part and the "Standard Views Creation". then select "More...
  8. R

RoseException?!?

indesign, [1] nope.. im using XP now, but it seems it doesnt matter, as many users exprience it unless we are all using XP [2] the file is currently saved in a C directory and even if u copy the file to any location and do the changes and then try to save the changes the error would also...
  9. R

Importing DFX

hi, just want to ask if u have tried to import native SE files to AD? (instead of exporting/importing as a DXF) just asking "maybe" it will import lines as lines and not as splines.
  10. R

What's wrong with Albre STEP exports?

i encountered that before, but i didnt raise it. helical created on alibre and export to stp (for hypershot), the helical is a mess helical downloaded from http://www.3dcontentcentral.com (created in SW, can be downloaded as STEP and other part packages), helical is OK
  11. R

DXF DWG exporting

Hi, let me guess. the "sketch" you are referring to is -> you're in a part modeler/workspace and created a sketch. then you want to export that to dxf and dwg. i think its impossible... you can only export to dxf and dwg when you're on the drawing workspace
  12. R

TIP: RED/UNDEFINED DIMENSION

if you update/reproject your drawings and dimensions turned into red and you are pretty sure that you havent change that dimension or the changes doesnt affect that dimension just delete the drawing and undo(ctrl+z) the deletion, and all dimensions will be in "black".
  13. R

Copy Sektch from one plane to another

i guess we can't... but we can copy sketch entities (CTRL+C) and paste it on the sketch on the other plane
  14. R

RoseException?!?

this is really strange i copied the sketches and pasted it into new sketch, and i have successfully edited and saved the part (overwriting the old part) after posting this problem, i have read some similar topics and i think this should have been fixed on v12
  15. R

RoseException?!?

whats wrong with alibre? i cannot change total height on the sketch from 67 to 62 and save/save-as anywhere on my pc!!! and for the disk space, i got 269GB of free space.
  16. R

Linear Part/Subassembly Pattern

as i observed...it is always like that, can we call it normal steps?
  17. R

Rotating a drawing

yeah, i have been asking myself and trying to find that "rotate" function in 2d. i guess you'll need to rotate the 3d part using those 6 arrows on the "STANDARD VIEW" pop-up window before locating it on the drawing workspace... once it is 2d you cannot rotate it anymore (i guess)
  18. R

Dimensions in 3D

o i c. i thought that i can put dimensions on the 3D. but ctrl+shift+a only shows dimensions based on the feature i did. i.e. in a 4mmx4mm sketch extruded by 5mm, when i toggle annotations to on, can AD also show 4mmx4mm and not only 5mm??
  19. R

Dimensions in 3D

hi Miles, can i/we know the trick?
  20. R

SHEETMETAL: HOW TO DO IT?

hi all, kindly help me model below part in sheetmetal workspace. any advice or workaround will be appreciated. and also, any tutorial for CONTOUR BASE FLANGE and LOFTED FLANGE? can i control the angle on the lofted flange? it is constantly making part at 360deg.