What's new

Search results

1. J

I'm leaving....

I'm leaving.... Cue the sad music ;) As of April 12, 2007 I will no longer be with my current employer. Therefore I won't be a regular user of Alibre, though I do have the expanded Express package at home. I know the forum login is separate...
  2. J

Sheet Metal Module Bugs and Weaks

Well put! Jim
  3. J

I want more 9.2 info...

Alibre really needs to shape up its P.R. department a little. Postings are late or obvious copy and pastes from previous postings. Clear info on what is to be released (which should have been determined by now) should be out so people can get percolating about it. All special offers and...
  4. J

Feature-based color support

Honestly I'm not sure of the pros or cons to either method. At first glance, I'd say keep it its own color as I tend to view it as a manufacturing operation which is where specificly colored toolpaths/features/etc is most commonly seen. At least, that's where I'VE commonly seen it :) Jim
  5. J

Sheet Metal Module Bugs and Weaks

Honestly, I don't think half of us would be as irritated if Alibre hadn't hyped their sheetmetal package (comparisons to SolidEdge or BETTER were used which is quite heady stuff) and the Amada joint development. Improvements were promised a number of times (and delayed) and then the most we've...
  6. J

Arbitrary Cut on Arbitrary Surface

Hmmm....the groove should be uniform normal depth, but the walls would not be uniformly perpindicular to the surface normal. I'll have to do some more thinking.... Jim
  7. J

That's what gets me. I'm certain its extremely, extremely close, but I'm not certain if my process results in a perfectly normal depth at every point from a mathematical point of view though at first blush I would say 'yes it is'. Its a nice technique. I may just use this in the future too...
  8. J

My turn...I hope I'm doing it the same as you guys!
  9. J

Worm-track Challenge

Success! (I think ;)) Not sure how to post a pic.... Jim
  10. J

Worm-track Challenge

Hmmm...working on this myself. Must have a mental block. I got the block w/o the track, 50% done right? ;) I'd tried the obvious extrude to command but figured it wouldn't handle the normals. I've got an idea but I'll have to think a sec.... Jim
  11. J

Miles, I think you misunderstood my post (or maybe I wasn't clear). I actually agree with you. After I thought about it, there aren't very many examples I can think of where I would need to color just one particular face as opposed to a feature. However, after rereading this thread I...
  12. J

I agree it would work, but do you really want to have to offset all the faces that you want? That would increase the complexity of the part, load times, potential part corruption (as well as now being an innaccurate model and causing a lot of headaches for analysis and other simulations)...
  13. J

Re: Were there 2D enhancements in 9.1? There were a few, but none I would consider a major overhaul (others may disagree). I still say 2D needs the most work. My two penneth. As far as color by feature, most MCAD programs do...
  14. J

Any neat tricks on the configurationd/2D drawing issues?

Any neat tricks on the configurationd/2D drawing issues? I've got a Rev C configuration. Anyway at all to get the info into a new drawing without redoing everything? Jim
  15. J

Alibre 1000 Club

And here I was aiming for the 500 posts club....sigh. ;) Congrats to all! Jim
  16. J

Jerky movement while sketching...

Just to finish off this thread as far as my contributions as the original poster... I went into the control panel and changed the Anti-Aliasing setting to controlled by the Application and the problem went away. Jim
  17. J

Interesting. It only occurs while sketching. Other object movements are smooth. Anyone else experience these issues while sketching? It's possible its the ATI cards, but I just upgraded to XP too (my home was already XP). So there is a new similarity between the two machines too. Jim
  18. J

Jerky movement while sketching... I noticed this when using Alibre Xpress at home with my computer that has an ATI Radeon 9500 Pro. I just recently upgraded the video card in my work computer to an ATI Radeon 1300 and am experiencing the same jerkiness. Anyone...
  19. J

Level of satisfaction with level 1 tech support from AD

I didn't get a call but I did get... 1. An autoreply stating they had received my support incident. 2. A follow up e-mail requesting more information about my problem. I alreadly like it. Improvement over before. Kudos to Alibre. Jim
  20. J

Difficulty exporting certain Drawings to AutoCAD format

I found the problem, combination of user error (that would be me) and a bug in Alibre (presumably). I'm filing an incident report. See the thread in General about Dimensions not sticking for more info. Jim P.S. I still don't like that R12 dxf is gone :cry: