What's new

Search results

1. maxine

VisualCAM for Geomagic

Yep that's the link I was using. I still get the error tonight. I even tried cutting and pasting from your post and still get the same error. Also when I click on "check for updates" inside the CAM (Pro version) it says upgrade available, click here. But when I click that link I get the same...
  2. maxine

VisualCAM for Geomagic

I am having the problem with multiple crashes since I downloaded Visual Mill 2014 for Geomagic too. Mostly when I try to save but sometimes when trying to simulate a toolpath as well. When I try to find the updated download that you all mention I just get an error message from the MecSoft...
  3. maxine

Multiple crashes with Alibre CAM 3

Alibre keeps crashing when I use Alibre CAM now that I have upgraded to 3.0. Is anyone having similar problems? Even when working on relatively simple parts it keeps stopping. Tonight I am trying to program tool paths for a simple plate with four bored holes and then a profile cut and it's...
  4. maxine

Mecsoft now handling support!

I have tried 3 times (once each week for three weeks) to register for the Mecsoft Alibre CAM support forum since the technical support announcement came out but so far no luck getting a username/account activated. I get an auto response email back right away each time that says all new user...
  5. maxine

Alibre CAM V3

I just get an error message when I try any of the download links above and also from the download page on the Mecsoft site. Is anyone having the same issue? I am assuming that since I am paid up for yearly Maintenance I should be able to download and run it with no additional cost?
  6. maxine

Mecsoft now handling support!

Good move Max, thanks!
  7. maxine

4th axis question

I am machining a part that requires a combination of some continuous 4th axis work and then later on the part is indexed several times to cut a couple of 2 1/2d pockets and drill and tap some holes. So for the true 4th axis work z0 needs to be set at the part rotational center. But later when...
  8. maxine

New Version?

Scud, I found a download of version .67 that I had saved on an old computer that I actually don't run Alibre CAM on anymore so I have that version to copy onto a jump drive and then revert to if needed. It's the 32 bit version which is what I need for the computer that I upgraded to version...
  9. maxine

New Version?

After four tries of complete uninstall and then reinstall last night it is finally working again. I am not sure what made the 4th try the magic one since I didn't do anything different that I am aware of. I am noticing this morning that some older saved part files still won't work though...
  10. maxine

New Version?

Well I downloaded the new version (I went from 2.0.0.67 to 2.0.0.69) and Alibre CAM quit working. When I go to add ons and go to click on Alibre CAM I can see the MecSoft logo but all I get is a blank menu screen. I tried reloading it again but it won't work. Does anyone know if there is a...
  11. maxine

2012.47 update - smooth?

Went very fast for me.
  12. maxine

How to flip a part

Perfect, the Boolean Unite method did the trick. Thanks a million for the help. This forum is GREAT! Maxi
  13. maxine

How to flip a part

So Ralf are yo saying to insert a plane at an angle and then mirror around that new plane? I am still not sure I understand.
  14. maxine

How to flip a part

I have a part that was drawn on the xy plane and then extruded along the z axis. Lots of other details were then added so it would not be easy to redraw it. The way the part is as drawn then it's center line lies along the Z axis. I would like to flip the part so that it's center line lies...
  15. maxine

How do I scale a sketch?

Sorry but you lost me Ralf. I have never done anything with symbols. How do I intsert it? Open a new part file but then what do I do? Edit: Oops, never mind. I got it ... I misread your post and opened a new part file. After rereading I opened a new drawing file and it works fine. THANKS...
  16. maxine

How do I scale a sketch?

I have a sketch made up of a bunch of splines that I want to scale down so I can engrave it on a part for a friend. I may just be having a brain freeze but I can't seem to do it in Alibre 2012. Any help/advice?
  17. maxine

Can I sketch over a picture and then generate a part?

I want to import a picture (jpg file) to use as a guide to sketch over. Then take the sketch and bring it over to an Alibre part file so I can design around it and ultimately use Alibre CAM to machine it. How do I do the picture import/sketch/sketch to part operations?
  18. maxine

strange problem with Alibre

Yeah thanks I did do an update of my virus software and then did a couple of full system scans but no help. Further multiple reboots didn't help either. But I did get it working again. So just for future reference for others who may have a similar problem. I fought it all day and l hadn't...
  19. maxine

strange problem with Alibre

All of sudden (after starting my computer up fresh this morning) whenever I try to use any of the number keys on my computer when using Alibre (Expert and CAM both) they don't work right. No matter which key I push I just get 0, then 1, then 2, then 3, then 4 on up to 9, then back to 0 again...