What's new

Search results

1. maxine

Multiple crashes with Alibre CAM 3

Alibre keeps crashing when I use Alibre CAM now that I have upgraded to 3.0. Is anyone having similar problems? Even when working on relatively simple parts it keeps stopping. Tonight I am trying to program tool paths for a simple plate with four bored holes and then a profile cut and it's...
  2. maxine

4th axis question

I am machining a part that requires a combination of some continuous 4th axis work and then later on the part is indexed several times to cut a couple of 2 1/2d pockets and drill and tap some holes. So for the true 4th axis work z0 needs to be set at the part rotational center. But later when...
  3. maxine

How to flip a part

I have a part that was drawn on the xy plane and then extruded along the z axis. Lots of other details were then added so it would not be easy to redraw it. The way the part is as drawn then it's center line lies along the Z axis. I would like to flip the part so that it's center line lies...
  4. maxine

How do I scale a sketch?

I have a sketch made up of a bunch of splines that I want to scale down so I can engrave it on a part for a friend. I may just be having a brain freeze but I can't seem to do it in Alibre 2012. Any help/advice?
  5. maxine

Can I sketch over a picture and then generate a part?

I want to import a picture (jpg file) to use as a guide to sketch over. Then take the sketch and bring it over to an Alibre part file so I can design around it and ultimately use Alibre CAM to machine it. How do I do the picture import/sketch/sketch to part operations?
  6. maxine

strange problem with Alibre

All of sudden (after starting my computer up fresh this morning) whenever I try to use any of the number keys on my computer when using Alibre (Expert and CAM both) they don't work right. No matter which key I push I just get 0, then 1, then 2, then 3, then 4 on up to 9, then back to 0 again...
  7. maxine

Is this Dell from Costco going to be OK?

What do the computer experts here think of this pre configured Dell from Costco for Alibre Expert, Alibre Cam and Mastercam? The processor and memory are good right? I don't know much about video cards though... Any help would be appreciated, it's $400 off through Monday and I'm thinking...
  8. maxine

Alibre translate error message

I was trying to import a Solidworks part file and I get an Alibre Translate error. The error message says to go to Alibre downloads and click on the translate link to download the necessary Windows components. But there is no translate link on my downloads page. Any ideas?
  9. maxine

New release anytime soon?

Does anyone know if there is a new release for Alibre CAM coming anytime soon?
  10. maxine

Alibre version update?

When I look in "help --> about" on Alibre I see that I have the following version: Date: Sunday, September 12, 2010 11:02:20 AM Alibre Design™ Expert 12.1 Alibre Design Version:[ PRODUCTVERSION 12,1,0,12044 ] My question is how do I tell if that is the most current version? I looked on the...
  11. maxine

Help seeing what I am doing wrong

Can anyone help me see what I am doing wrong. The problem is that the bevel cut in the knife (the knife edge) doesn't extend all the way up to the very tip when I sweep it. Should be an easy fix but for some reason I just can't see the problem.
  12. maxine

Alibre + Mastercam

I have Alibre Expert and have been trying to load some of my Alibre files into Mastercam X4 for CAM work. Both programs are current in Maintenance and both are updated to the latest releases. For some reason the Alibre files won't read into Mastercam. I have a request for help into my...
  13. maxine

Alibre unstable with CAM 2.0 loaded?

I was trying out Alibre CAM 2.0 last night on several previously programmed parts and a couple of new ones. Working over about a 2 hour period both Alibre and Alibre CAM would just suddenly close and all data would be lost seemingly at random. At least I couldn't see a pattern other than it...