What's new

Search results

1. E

Those Interested Programming - Ducts

http://members.tele2.nl/bouke_1/index.html?comflow Scroll to "Turtle": Such duct design capabilities would be nice in any MCAD. Maybe someone can use it. And it is linked to Free 3D CFD = Dolfyn.
  2. E

Shaded View - Fault

Have everybody problem in Shaded View in sheets with rounded objects as below in the image ? After the new "update" even the old drawings have the "new" problem. Same machine, same video cards, even loaded the old drivers. Happening from the "new" junk of 3D printability that it is happening.
  3. E

Constraint Problems

Why have AD this constraint problem - was forever and seems it can't be solved. As can see as the pic & the file it is an example. The constraint will says it is "unable to solve" when from away from "base part". The object is constraint with the normal 3 x constraints. 3 x Object is constraint...
  4. E

Mass Properties

Checked through the posts. But I have still a problem - this is 2 x 1.896 x 0.677 x 0.008 m plate. It is set as SST 304 but give the Mass Properties as 1.807E4 kg = 18070 kg = 18 ton ??. Am I missing something ? I ignored from the moment I got AD but I do not want to calculate by a spread...
  5. E

Have you Saw - 3DS Fortune listing

I doubted and mistrusted if 3DS/Alibre will be OK. Didn't like the change, there is always casualties with something and the most important, the people get red off with big firms and we were able to communicate direct with someone (MAX) and that is gone, totally gone and the direct and...
  6. E

Large Assemblies - Interferences & 2D Dwg Sheets

Large Inferences: I have 2 x designs - 387 parts and 1700 parts (Pic 1 & 2). The small one is fast but the large one will not even run through a night ( tried it x 2 ).Sometimes the clients request the interference checks and is unable to handle it. The only way to check adjourning assemblies #...
  7. E

Section view with a Broken View

I have a 55 meter conveyor with a "broken" view to shorten it to fit in the drawing sheet. I want to do "standard section" views along the length but it will not accept any other section views. This is a bad one to not be possible - Is there a work about ? Tx.
  8. E

Quick Access Toolbar

Is there a way to "lock" the Quick Access Toolbar below the ribbon all the time. It is a wonderful feature but irritating all the time to get it below the ribbon especially in assemblies where you go to a separate window - If not it will be very nice to have "lock" at the right of it
  9. E

FEMDESIGNER - Assembly

Hi, the FemDesigner with assemblies give an exception - Is it not actually working ? I know they are working on it for 64 bit but is it still currently one of the problems ? Tx
  10. E

Dimensions

Being updating to the latest version of AD Exp and it was a surprise to the good side as AD starts to gets more fuctionability tools. While AD are at it and hoping they will proceed with the update of the much needed shortage of tools, can they not update the 2D version of Dimension tools too ...
  11. E

KOMPAS - 3D - High end MCad

Have any one ever used this package ? It is a Russian MCAD (ASCON) and looks very good. On the gallery they have asemblies of up to 50,000 parts. Other than that is that the Mig fighter development team is also using it. The local reseller give me 50% discount on the KOMPAS 3D on a trade in of...
  12. E

How to close Corners in Sheet Metal Part ?

Just a holiday challenge for myself. Seen the PE sheet metal part on You Tube and want to create it in AD. But how do I create closed radia corners in AD Sheet Metal and be able to flatten it. I got it ± right with the Contour Flange Tool but it will not flatten "normally". One thing I have seen...
  13. E

Build 2011.59

AD - Thank you for continuiing support. Gee - still the AD Explorer bar is "open" - still all the tremendous amount of "clicks" to get it closed to get to the work parts/sub-ass/assem. Why ? It wastes time.
  14. E

BOM

Is it possible to have the BOM being updated to the "overridden" sequence numbers ? See simple example - AAA, BB & CCC - AD does the numbering as AAA=2, BBB = 1 and the it is "overridden to AAA = 1 and BBB = 2 BUT the BOM stays in the Item Number as AD numbered it. Is there a way of getting the...
  15. E

No View Update - 64 Bit

Hi Have a 587 part file completely done in V2011. Have a F,T,Ri & Iso view with a BOM (which does not work correctly btw) and it gets to the point of "reproject" views, there after it is an empty space...nice. Back to the 32 Bit. Heck losing time when it can be least afforded, busy time of the...
  16. E

Unfolde Perimeter

Can we not have a feature like this in the attachment in AD ? I make the sweep in Ad and then have to export to "another CAD" to do a perimeter unfold which can be printed on 1:1 scale and be put around the pipe to get the profile cut. Very simple stuff it seems but lacking in AD.
  17. E

2011 - Save

Save As and Save All As - is there a setting I am missing or does 2011 just keep defaulting back to C:\Documents ? To go throu your tree searching in a small dialog box for the correct folder every 10 minutes you save ain't fun. It was asked in the Beta to get it correct but again ..who is the...
  18. E

Drawing Sheet - Viewport updates

One thing I would like to see in AD is the update of any viewport with a polyline where the viewports is crammed on one another. This will help with the frustration if "hiding" a viewport where the border of such a viewport is far ofer the one you positioned with the "alaignment off" function...
  19. E

Will be nice to have these built in ....and more....(Moved)

It will be nice if we can have some features as these built into AD = only examples I took. 1. Cam follower = can be animated, data written to csv file, placed on sheet and transferred to 3D 2. Geneva mechanism = can be animated, placed on sheet and transferred to 3D 3. Spring = fill in the...
  20. E

Annotation

What does this message mean ? Currently I get it more and more.And then I cannot change a thing.