What's new

Search results

1. A

Problem Lofting a Wingtip Leading Edge

Can anyone tell me where I am going wrong here ? I am trying to model the leading edge of a model aircraft wingtip.the following test model works perfectly ............. However, I need to use the actual wing leading edge section as one 2D sketch. When I try to do so it fails - the error...
  2. A

Problem with Lofting.

:?: Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong with this lofted surface ? The error message I get is "ADDTANG-PROBLEM: System Inconsistency Processing Surface tangency." I assume that it is related to the guide curve, but I don't know how...
  3. A

Parts Missing in Assembly Display.

This is an assembly of a model aero engine plus a propeller disc. I have included the above engine assy. as a sub-assembly in the model airframe plus engine installation. When I try to display the full assembly - the engine is shown, but NOT the propeller disc ! I need to see the propeller...
  4. A

Alibre import from "Moment of Inspiration" 3D Surface

Does anyone have experience of importing complex surface models from "Moment Of Inspiration" 3D software ? Export formats supported by MOI are : .3dm, .stl, .igs, and .sat I can't try it myself - since I haven't got an MOI licence - but it looks like an interesting addition. :?:
  5. A

How to Create An Aircraft Engine Cowl ?

I would like some help in creating an engine cowl. The front of the cowl is an aerodynamic section (which encloses the cylinders). I have created this part of the cowl by sweeping a sketch through 360 degress, to form an annulus. The problem is that the rear of the cowl is NOT circular, but is...
  6. A

How Loft Cut from surface to a point ?

I am trying to create a model aircraft fuselage, and cannot work out how to loft from a small surface to a specific point on an edge at right angle to that surface. Can anyone suggest how I can do this ? This problem was probably unique to the model I was building. The surface I was using was...