What's new

Search results

1. D

Modifying a 3d scanned head, is it possible.

I have a 3d scan of the part below its a Imported STEP file. I am wondering now I have it in Alibre do you thinks its possible for me to draw in the water jack and a few other features as I want to 3d print the head in polycast. I can out source it but figured it would be worth asking the...
  2. D

Trying to Loft a race car body

I have a body of a race car that I want to change the front 370 mm so I created sketches for the existing body so the new lofting would follow that profile before creating a new front shape at the "Grill". Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Tony
  3. D

Problem exporting a design to STL

Not sure if everyone is aware there is a filament material called PolyCast. so you can do a design export it to a printer. print then send to the foundry. This will massively speed up pro typing. My problem I have Alibre Design V22, The 3D software I use is Ideamaker, When I export the below...
  4. D

Moving Assembly and taking all the Children.

Hi, I have a Assemble and I would like to move it to a new file and have it take all the parts that are used in the assemble so I can leave the unused parts in the old folder. Any idea's how I do it. Tony
  5. D

Importing tube from Solidworks design

I have a car chassis design done in Solidworks and I want to bring it across to Alibre my issue is that the tube is not a complete part for example if it has a bend it then is composed of a heap of bits. The file is being exported in Step when sent to me. Is there a better file type for...
  6. D

License has expired error

I am a bit lost for the following reasons, I have a current MC which was renewed in January this years, A recent email from Geomagice told me about the new version but mentioned that I do not currently have a MC. Asked my re seller what the go was they said it was current and the email was a...
  7. D

Problem with Sweep on a Chassis

Sweep 39 won't work am I asking to much, any ideas. Tony
  8. D

Sloping the floor and base of a dry sump.

I am designing a dry sump for a race car and would like to slope the floor of the top plate to the pump well. Also I would like to do the same on the under side, the aim is to have the remaing floor in the sump 10mm thick. Any ideas or suggestions greatly appricated. Tony
  9. D

Problem creating drawing

I have a part which I have that works perfect in the assembly also the drawing assembly but when I try to safe the drawing on the individual part I get a error. I have even saved it as a STP and then re opened it but the save error when in drawing mode is still there. Any suggestions greatly...
  10. D

Alibre should bundle with CamBam

Alibre should consider packaging up the low end/cheaper version of their software with a cheaper Cam program like CamBam which cost $150. The reason I suggest this is the following, 1 - Plenty of new people to CNC are looking at a entry level package to get start and don't want to...
  11. D

Error 9003 don't know why

I get could some one tell me why I am get this error on Extrusion 3. Tony
  12. D

Using 2012 but can't get it to Linear pattern

For some reason I can't get this to Linear pattern at 1 metre spacing 8 copies. Is it possiable or what has change in 2012. Tony
  13. D

Setting Custom sheet size

When I want to select a sheet size when doing a plan it always defaults back to its orignal size in the program. It maybe that I am dreaming but Is it possiable to set the custom so I don't have the reset it every time I want a new sheet. I want it always to be 420 by 297 but can't seem to...
  14. D

Need a CAD person in San Fransico / Stockton

Hi I am sorry for posting this here but I am stuck and need help. I live in Australia and need a CAD drawing done in Alibre for some equipment in Stockton Cal and I have no idea were to look for someone to do the job. This is a paid job but it must be done in Albre. If someone can tell me were...
  15. D

Getting levers to follow track.

Okay back in this thread viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10715&p=63924#p63924 there was a example of how you can get a roller to follow a spline. My problem is that I don't quite get how it works as I want to use this idea in a harvester reel design. NateLiqGrav are you out there again. Tony
  16. D

Export DXF files have ":" in the number.

I have been having trouble with DXF exported files and it terns out some of the numbers end in a ":", this then stops other programs using the file. Open the attached file in Text editor and you will see what I mean. I am exporting it in Autocad 2000. Tony
  17. D

Diminsion formula having different color or print.

This is a case of if not why not, I often need to use formula with in the one drawing. In other words a lot of dimisions my be related to one measurement. The problem is if you look at the sketch when editing it you can't tell which diminsion is the one to change. My question is can I turn...
  18. D

Why doesn't the shell follow the out side profile.

Anyone know what I have done wrong here, as you can see the shelling didn't follow the profile correctly. Tony
  19. D

How do lay this flat to cut from sheet.

I do I flat out the drawing so I can cut it from sheet, I seem to be missing something. Tony
  20. D

Need curved blades for straw chopper.

Attached is a straight blade straw chopper, you will notice the blade is out of line with the shaft when looked at from the end. I am trying to redo the design with spiral bades but I can't offset the blade from the centre line. Hope I am explaining myself well enough. The second drawing is of...