What's new

Search results

1. B

Exactly what can be referenced in reference planes/axis/points.

OK, took a lot of hunting to find the mouse/cursor symbol I get during sketching, when the cursor "sees" a line for instance. I've attached 2 images. One is 3D so you can see the 2 reference planes and 2 axis I've created in the upper right part of the flat plate. I created a sketch on the...
  2. B

Double and triple checked mine, and sketching does not see axis. Even when I go off the sketch plane and hover over the axis, it is not seen. The only thing I get while sketching is an inference line to the origin point. Basic selecting works on an axis and so does using the axis for sketch...
  3. B

Thanks David, learnt something there. What I've been trying to do is use the axis when creating the sketch entities, but when sketching that axis is "not noticed". So I would project the axis to the sketch then created the sketch entity using the projected line. However, definitely much...
  4. B

Thanks guys. Harold, my issue was not so much creating planes but wondering if they could be used in sketches. Example, I use Fusion at work, and where a plane crosses a sketch plane/face, you can project a line onto the sketch at that point. However, with Alibre, it seems you have to create a...
  5. B

Hi Dave, thanks for the info. Apart from just learning the software and what can be done (which for me is the more important part), it was for one of the hardest exercises done in the Tootalltoby competitions. Ex Machina Engineering had this one on his Youtube channel () and I was trying to...
  6. B

UPDATE: I've just found out something. I never realised you can use Project to Sketch and use the axis to project sketch lines. However, could not project planes. So at least that is one way of using the axis to drive sketch geometry, but it's quite a pain because I have to find geometry...
  7. B

Alibre Expert v27 So I create a 100 x 100 square, extrude it 10mm and I have a flat square "slab". I insert 3 reference planes: 1st 20mm offset from side edge 2nd 20mm offset from top edge 3rd on the flat 100 x 100 surface Just for the heck of it, I also insert an axis at the intersection of...
  8. B

Constraint for came follower

Thanks Miles. I'd heard about the continuous rotation but thought I only had to keep the mouse pressed on the apply button.
  9. B

Awesome, thanks for the feedback. Feels good being able to help, after the help I've received. And thanks for the link, I'll see what I can learn from that.
  10. B

Don't know if the following is of any help. I'm not exactly an advanced user and am normally the one asking for help. I looked up an old cam follower tutorial I've got, after seeing this thread. The cam in that tutorial was basically made with an elipse, and the follower can be made tangent to...
  11. B

Is there still no way to export a surface.

Ah, thanks Nate. I didn't actually realise they were just product improvement ideas. Straight out of bed, looked at the thread, then went to work. Got your post while at work.
  12. B

Thanks for the further suggestions lads.
  13. B

Thanks very much Konstantinos. You've just made that task a lot easier for me. I did a "Save As" to give me an "expendable" part, then while looking to do what you suggested, in the surfacing section I found the button "Delete Face". It's description was: Remove a face from a solid body and...
  14. B

Just upgraded to v27 after quite a few years on "standby". I create a solid model, then create a single surface from several curved faces. I was hoping after 11 years there may now be a way to export a single surface, but when I right click on the surface in the explorer, there's no option. So...
  15. B

What's "crippled" in the Keyshot for Alibre version ?

Thanks Simon, I'll check it out. Keith
  16. B

What's "crippled" in the Keyshot for Alibre version ?

Does anyone have a link that specifies what features we have available to us in Keyshot for Alibre, or perhaps more simple, what features are disabled. At least this way, whenever I study learning info, I'll be aware if I have that feature or not.
  17. B

Error message when attempting to install latest version

Thanks guys, I'll just have to wait for a response from support. It would certainly be helpful if the installer could inform you about this stuff as soon as it's started. Would save users a lot of frustration and confusion.
  18. B

UPDATE: OK, managed to get the installation process working but it was a bit of a workaround. I thought maybe I need to uninstall my v2017 first, so I go to uninstall it and find it's already GONE. So clearly the attempted install of the trial version v27 removed my v2017 install. So I...
  19. B

I've currently got v2017 Expert on my PC (Windows 11 Pro) and am looking to upgrade to the latest version v27. So downloaded v27 trial and attempted to install but get the following message (attached image): I downloaded the trial version 2 times and the main non-trial installer once. I get...
  20. B

"Live" interference check possible ??

Thanks Harold, might have a look at scripting to see how hard it would be.