What's new

Search results

1. C

Closing corner on two flanges

Scott, That method does the job nicely. Thanks for the help. Chris
  2. C

How to close the corner on two flanges?

Thanks for the replys. Wathavy4, funny thing. I downloaded your file, extracted it and when I went to open it I could not find the file. I extracted the file again and it pops up do you want to overwrite and I said yes, so I know the file is there. I didn't have a chance to reboot my...
  3. C

Closing corner on two flanges

Closing corner on two flanges File:
  4. C

How to close the corner on two flanges?

How to close the corner on two flanges? I would like to close (fill in) the corner on two flanges. I don't see a function to create this so I have assumed that I need to draw some sketches and create two triangular tabs. Problem is that I can't get the tab thickness...
  5. C

Flange library

Flange library Attached is my pipe flange library for 150# WNF and SOF flanges. Chris
  6. C

Library of Flanges

MagneO, I have been slowly building some pipe fitting libraries. In the binary section are my 150# slip-on and weld neck flanges. I created these libraries using configurations and a link to an excel spreadsheet. Just use at your own discretion, I can't guarantee no mistakes. Chris
  7. C

Extrude cut a hole

Thanks for the suggestions. Chris
  8. C

Extrude cut a hole

Extrude cut a hole Lets say you have a cube and you want to extrude cut a tapered hole all the way through. You know what the starting and ending diameters are but you haven't figured out the taper angle. Like usual you draw a sketch on one of the...
  9. C

Library - Steel Members

Hi Harold, Thank you, that was very helpful. Chris
  10. C

Library - Steel Members

Hi Miles, Thank you for the reply, once again. :D I never used the catalog feature. Reading the manual it sounds like that will do what I need. Regards, Chris
  11. C

Library - Steel Members

Library - Steel Members I would like to build a library of steel members (Channel, I-Beams, Pipe, Angle, etc.), and somehow bring them into an assembly. I am having a problem coming up with a method for doing so. What I really need or would like is the...
  12. C

Adding Set screws to a curved surface.

Hi John, I would add a plane at that location. When adding a plane use the ZX plane and Face4 as the reference geometry. I had to check mark the reverse option as well. Chris
  13. C

Modeling an Eccentric Reducer

Here is a picture.
  14. C

Final Version. File below contains the Part and spreadsheet file. There are 9 configurations of different size reducers. Feel free to make all the rest if you need them. The data is there in the spreadsheet. Only field in the spreadsheet that requires indexing when making the next size...
  15. C

Well third time is a charm. I came up with the version of the reducer that I am going to make all of the different sizes for. This version is more in line with the real look of the reducers. I started to make each size as a configuration in the same file. I will post my Part file and the...
  16. C

Reordering Configurations

Reordering Configurations It sure would be nice to be able to reorder the list of configurations. It doesn't appear to allow you to drag and drop any of the ones in the list. Does anyone know if this is possible and I am just not doing it right. Chris
  17. C

Hi Miles, Seems that I can't duplicate your effort to get the axis to redisplay in the positive Z. I recreated the axis using the intersection of the two planes (probably the more accurate way) and it then displays fine. Regards, Chris
  18. C

Latest version using arcs in lieu of splines for guide curves.
  19. C

Well, I am still tinkering with this eccentric reducer model. Instead of using splines I decided to use arcs. I found some errors in my calculations and by using arcs I reduce greatly the values I need to calculate. Of course a whole new level of understanding was needed of the program to...
  20. C

Constraints (or lack there of)

Changed Antialiasing to application preference and the problem went away. Cheers, Chris