What's new

Search results

1. C

Closing corner on two flanges

Closing corner on two flanges File:
  2. C

How to close the corner on two flanges?

How to close the corner on two flanges? I would like to close (fill in) the corner on two flanges. I don't see a function to create this so I have assumed that I need to draw some sketches and create two triangular tabs. Problem is that I can't get the tab thickness...
  3. C

Flange library

Flange library Attached is my pipe flange library for 150# WNF and SOF flanges. Chris
  4. C

Extrude cut a hole

Extrude cut a hole Lets say you have a cube and you want to extrude cut a tapered hole all the way through. You know what the starting and ending diameters are but you haven't figured out the taper angle. Like usual you draw a sketch on one of the...
  5. C

Library - Steel Members

Library - Steel Members I would like to build a library of steel members (Channel, I-Beams, Pipe, Angle, etc.), and somehow bring them into an assembly. I am having a problem coming up with a method for doing so. What I really need or would like is the...
  6. C

Reordering Configurations

Reordering Configurations It sure would be nice to be able to reorder the list of configurations. It doesn't appear to allow you to drag and drop any of the ones in the list. Does anyone know if this is possible and I am just not doing it right. Chris
  7. C

Constraints (or lack there of)

Constraints (or lack there of) Anybody else wish there was a constraint to fix an entity (IE. node) at the quandrant of a circle? or perhaps a constraint that fixes an entity at a specified percentage/distance along the length of a line or a circle? Maybe I am...
  8. C

Modeling an Eccentric Reducer

Modeling an Eccentric Reducer Here is the file as discussed in the Using Alibre Design forum section. Chris
  9. C

Modeling an Eccentric Reducer

Modeling an Eccentric Reducer I'm trying to model an eccentric reducer. Using the Loft function with guide curves and 3D sketches are all new to me. I was able to create the shape I was looking for and went to shell the inside to obtain the thickness of the...
  10. C

Drawing question

Drawing question I have an assembly of piping going between various equipment. The piping is going to be insulated. What would be the best way to indicate/show an outline representing the insulation thickness in the drawing views? Does this all...
  11. C

Configurations - Control Parameters Form

Configurations - Control Parameters Form It would reduce the cumbersomeness and reduce the repetive operations if there could be a "update all fields" button on this form. I tried highlighting all the fields at once and hitting the "modify" button and sometimes it works...
  12. C

Spreadsheet driven Configurations

Spreadsheet driven Configurations I created one configuration, mapped it to cells in the spreadsheet. I created a second configuration and then proceeded to map the variables to the next row in my spreadsheet and I get this error: "Internal Error" Parameter...
  13. C

Bolt Hole Array - Spreadsheet Driven

Bolt Hole Array - Spreadsheet Driven I can't seem to figure out a way to have an array of bolt holes which are spreadsheet driven. When using the "Repeat" function no variable is created for the quantity. I would like to have a spreadsheet driven design that can...
  14. C

Layers in Drawings

Layers in Drawings I see that you can select entities in a drawing and assign those to a different layer but is there a way to change the layer of a part (drawing of an assembly) all in one shot without having to select each entity individually? For...
  15. C

Exploded View - Assembly

Exploded View - Assembly In the Manual it indicates that while in this mode (exploded view - manual explode mode) you can use the Ctrl key to select multiples for moving, but every time I go to select the next part it deselects the previous one. Anybody...
  16. C

System locking up

System locking up What I have experienced is due to habits which are probably not recommended but regardless I will post my experiences non the less. While having Alibre running (working offline), if I stay in a part or an assembly file and walk a...
  17. C

Need help Aligning/Mating two parts

Need help Aligning/Mating two parts I am struggling with something which is really basic. I can't seem to get the motor part to mate/align with the motor adapter plate part. I put the assembly file in the binary section. Help please. Chris
  18. C

Need help Aligning/Mating two parts

Need help Aligning/Mating two parts Here is the file: Ignore the smaller file, I didn't attach the part files along with the assembly file the first time.
  19. C

Auto Explode

Auto Explode I'm trying to Auto Explode my assembly and it is grayed out. Based on the manual is requires the parts to be mated and aligned, which I thought I did correctly. Is there an easy way to find the offending parts that are not aligned...
  20. C

Standard Views in Drawings

Standard Views in Drawings I haven't done much with drawings in the past, so I don't know if I am doing something incorrectly or there is a problem with the program on a few of the views. The two views that are not displayed correctly (for me) are the bottom...