What's new

Search results

1. F

Drawing configuration replace

It is possible to change the configuration of a part in a drawing, without having to make the hole drawing over again?
  2. F

What hardware to buy?

With an increasing number of elements (>100) AD becomes very slow on my Dell Lattitude 6400 notebook. Especially zooming or rotating at more than a second per refresh is anoying. Intel core 2 duo M 2533 MHz, 4Gb ram, Mobile 4 integrated graphics controller, XP prof. 32 bit For a different...
  3. F

Flat pattern error acis exception

This is driving me crazy. I made a simple sheet metal with two non 90 degree bends and a couple of configurations. When I try to make a drawing of it, in unfolded state AD comes with Flat Patterns Error exception of type com.alibre. ACISException as thrown. The problem seems to be related...
  4. F

Adding a hole at an existing reference

Maybe for tips and tricks. This has been bugging me for some time. If you want to add a hole on an existing plane coinciding with an existing reference, - clicking the reference (e.g. the origin) generally selects the wrong plane, - clicking the plane will add a node at an undesired...
  5. F

unable to section view an imported part

This module came as a step file. Any part of it can be sectioned, except the end caps. Did I overlook something?
  6. F

Curve smoothness in 2D mode.

The 2D curve smoothness is so rough that in my case it is hardly possible to distinguish between the curve and a straight edge. This shows also in a print. The optimise speed option has no effect. It turns out to be an old problem viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6764&p=35761&hilit=curve+smoothness#p35761...
  7. F

How to create an elliptic helpline in a 2D drawing

In this part the bolt holes, follow an elliptic contour. In order to have it produced, I must create a 2D drawing and put the dimensions in. Does anyone know how to draw an elliptic (help)line for defining the position of the holes? You can draw a circle, but not an ellipse in 2D. Helplines...