What's new

Search results

1. Sturmer

Excel Add-in problem

I can't beleve i did not use the plugin for few months - full year. But in the meantime company updated to office 365. Now again the plugin is not working. The trust center is configured with the folder of the plugin, the plugin shows up in the addin menu. But i get the pesky error from the...
  2. Sturmer

Color of interference

Any info about this - i hate the white interface of the drawings... Is it possible to change everything to "Black" color ? The Sketch and modeling is relatively straight forward - but the most crucial - Drawings and annotation ... it burns my eyes to work in ....
  3. Sturmer

Hole feature & sketching - Issue - Bug?

Wooow thank you! This is worth few beers! :O Thank you very much!
  4. Sturmer

[V2-SP1] - Precise section

The model in question is this: https://s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/alibre-usa/SampleModels/0_Alibre_Wankel_Airplane_Engine.AD_PKG And yeah i am playing with the Wankel :)
  5. Sturmer

Replace sketch plane on an existing sketch.

No need to fuss just +1
  6. Sturmer

v21 is now live

Great work!! ;) Love the new constrain features a lot! Keep the good work!
  7. Sturmer

Off course they are involute , but when doing math , it's easier to use arc dimension then to calculate first the arc dimension of the "arc part" of the circle then add the second dimension then third. I am doing this old-school way ( like it was made by pen and ink). I am doing this the same...
  8. Sturmer

Off course i have tried that. The first idea was that this PC should run the simple assembly. But i tried with out the extra monitors (which is ludicrous as the best selling point of alibre is the ability to have 3 separate windows open in one assembly. But then again - tried it (just working...
  9. Sturmer

Done , the request sent to the support... Hope if enough of us request this change ... it will get in to some of the new updates. As this is the classical , theory vs practice issue. In practice this is a lousy nuisance that every shop engineer , that has 30 things on his mind that need to be...
  10. Sturmer

This was the first thing i searched , to see if the card is selected as a default card for driving the software.(common problem in other software's as well to not select the appropriate GPU ). I even played with NVIDIA settings to see if i force the GPU on it to work a bit better. And in...
  11. Sturmer

This is why i don't use the frigging hole feature , but rather use the book on the table and insert the size of the hole by dimension the sketch circle and doing the cut extrude. Doing that i limit my self in the feature tree - but in the long run im faster. As most of Alibre is EXTREMELY...
  12. Sturmer

OK , i made the video but it's hard to show in video the lag that happens between the clicks and enters and in response. https://1drv.ms/u/s!Asx6ibgdgbgEgTPsjvrNoi7XRARp?e=fOGYPI And i circled with mouse , when it rebuilds. But when rebuilding starts you get the response from the alibre...
  13. Sturmer

OK , to explain ... i will show the video. It explains better the issue at hand. And solution that is possible... https://1drv.ms/u/s!Asx6ibgdgbgEgTKHBE8Pq--zWr9r?e=pYHc4c
  14. Sturmer

I'm having issues with the new version ( before SP was the same problem) with the alibre. IF you want to work in the section of an assembly - you will have to wait for constant refresh of the section. This becomes again not debilitating but really really irritating as some times it takes 30+sec...
  15. Sturmer

Hi, after a long while i am finding some iritating issues. When you use hole feature, you cant use the reference geometry to sketch the position of the hole. The work around is to make the hole in approximate place , and then finish the feature, and after that edit the created sketch. Then go...
  16. Sturmer

STL Import

Yeah ... for me for now only way to open STL is to open it in free-cad then export it to iges and again in alibre. But im not sure why is this such a problem? IS STL proprietary format? Im just trying to make 3d model from BMP image and open it in ALIBRE to make it work for CAM ... but ... have...
  17. Sturmer

Excel Add-in problem

I have added the plugin folder ( the root folder of the plugin C:\Program Files\Alibre Design\Excel2010+\) to trusted location. I have first added the 32bit folder (im using the 32bit office) and newer version of alibre 2018.2 build 19071 , and it did not work. Now after i have added the full...
  18. Sturmer

Excel Add-in problem

No dialog , and no effect ... same excell file as before... "nothing" :D No error , no result no window no .. nothing :D
  19. Sturmer

Excel Add-in problem

I have disabled both of the mentioned addins. And still the same issue. When the excel starts , the addin loads. But when i press the "Parameters" button - nothing happens... :/
  20. Sturmer

Excel Add-in problem

What version of Excel do you have? I have 2016 ... and the add on was not showing - after i forced the installation of the addin. Now i see it but it does nothing.