What's new

Search results

1. Sturmer

[V2-SP1] - Precise section

I'm having issues with the new version ( before SP was the same problem) with the alibre. IF you want to work in the section of an assembly - you will have to wait for constant refresh of the section. This becomes again not debilitating but really really irritating as some times it takes 30+sec...
  2. Sturmer

Hole feature & sketching - Issue - Bug?

Hi, after a long while i am finding some iritating issues. When you use hole feature, you cant use the reference geometry to sketch the position of the hole. The work around is to make the hole in approximate place , and then finish the feature, and after that edit the created sketch. Then go...
  3. Sturmer

Assembly corruption

For the past few days I'm having extreme issues with all of my assemblies.All of them are corrupted!! I mean if i try to open any of my assembly files that i made few months back i get an error , or its opened but the view is crushed up or it does not show the models properly. I have tried to...
  4. Sturmer

External cosmetic thread on revolve feature

...is there a way to put external cosmetic threads on revolved feature? Im having trouble of making shaft with few threads (all of my models are made for documentation purposes so i have to make drawing after and using features like this saves a LOT time... The problem is that when i try to...
  5. Sturmer

Additional blue projected dimenison lines

Hi , well i have a BIG issue when i use the new project dimensions command and reposition Dimness command , the dimensions are positioned as declared, but it generates additional "Blue dimensions that are displaced" (see the pics). This wouldn't bee such a big problem if the thing would be...
  6. Sturmer

Display problem

I'm having weird display of model problem, as you can see on this two pictures. The solution is quite simple for now - just rebuild the model but if i close and save it, and then reopen it...the problem is still there. Any ideas? ( GFX drivers are updated! - i have nvidia GeForce GTS250)
  7. Sturmer

Finishing turbine blade on 5 or 4 axis machine?

Hello to you all! I just started my machining career in CAM with alibre and alibre cam , i need help with this not so easy for me - project. I have one turbine blade, that i need to make g-code: My model is not yet finished (I'm in process of waiting for the original blueprints to be "found" -...
  8. Sturmer

Limit distance of object movment

How can i limit the maximum travel that is possible , with constrains? ( example movement should be only possible in both directions 300 mm? ). In solid-works this is done, by inputing the limitations to the constraint , i didn't see any option to this in alibre. Thnx in advance!
  9. Sturmer

Problem placing constrains - selection

Hi, to all well i have an really irritating issue that i cant figure out is it an some kind of a bug or is it just "feature" :D. The problem is when im in assembly trying to constrain multiple parts in succession , i cant get selection to work then i need to select one part then rotate, and...
  10. Sturmer

Alibre crash under windwos 7 x64 - fixed

Hi to you all, last few days I'm having weird random crashes from Alibre it just "milks -out" the Application and after few moments it spews out Application failed need to close. The Application Event records only Event ID1000 and ID 10001(error reporting) the contents are: App Error 1000 {...
  11. Sturmer

Modeling shafts

Well i have simple question, as I'm into digitalizing old blueprints into alibre models, and most of my models are shafts , and shaft-like models, i need advice. Do i use , extrusion of circles or do i make profile,and then sweep. I ask because i need to make printable drawings for manufacturing...
  12. Sturmer

Letters cut in cylindrical material with angled plane

Ok When i try to cut lettering into cylindrical material about 0.25 mm at an angled plane i got 9006 error and when i analyze the sketch there is no failed geometry...any help would be appreciated. I have attached a file so you can see what i mean. PS The plane is made from the Feature...
  13. Sturmer

Lead screw constraint

I need to make simple lead screw that can simulate conversion of rotation into linear motion...is it possible to make using constraints ?
  14. Sturmer

Hole feature

Hello to you all, as this is my first post will just say i'm new to Alibre and my learning curve is pretty good as i migrated from Solid-works. But i have few minor issues that i resolved reading the manual and searching the forum( dual click for rotation?? :O ). Now i have a problem that i...