What's new

Search results

1. T

Lost ability to pick constraint faces in secondary assembly.

I think that may have been the problem. Had to basically make new assemblies (delete & save as) and start a new main assembly. Guess I'll file this under things never to do in Alibre. Delete CONFIG<1> that is.
  2. T

Weird thing is, if I start a new assembly form scratch, not in this file, and throw a few sub assemblies in, it works fine. It's just this file. The only thing I did that I've never before was deleted the default CONFIG<1> in the main assembly.
  3. T

I have a room with piping (main assembly). The items in blue are an assembly (sub1) and the items in red are an assembly (sub2) If I'm editing Sub2 and trying to use a face from Sub1 to do align constraint, it isn't selecting the face. Hope that makes sense.
  4. T

Bit of a problem just happened. If I have an assembly(1) and create another assembly(2) I can no longer pick the faces of assembly 1 while working within assembly 2. Faces I would use for constrains. I can use the faces from assembly 1 to create axis and planes, I just can't select them...
  5. T

Missing Designs - But they're not!!

You mean like a thumbdrive?
  6. T

They do save in the right folder. It's seem to be a problem when I create a package then try and open older drawing that use the same parts. Just this morning I tried opening an older file and got this. Not happy.. :evil: And to your question, no I'm not on WIN8, I'm still using XP.
  7. T

License Problem

I was actually coming to post this same thing. This just started happening to me also a few days ago. Every time I open GM it asks for a license key update and I have to copy and paste the current license into the new key space. It also says my license doesn't expire till 2015. Just checked...
  8. T

Something I just came across again and I've seen before but forgot to mention. I've seen this folder string before. It almost looks GM is trying to reference items in a temp folder and not main folder where the true part is located.
  9. T

Basic mating of planes of two parts in an assembly

Just remember that if you want the ref planes from a assembly you'll need to click the assembly in the tree. If you right-click on part within an assembly you'll get the ref planes for that part alone.
  10. T

Might be something similar, but I can't remember the last time I did a save all as. Now I will say that this has only cropped up since I've updated GM and have been using the package utility.
  11. T

They are. When I go "replace" them that's the file path they're at. And that's where they've always been. I learned years ago you don't drag Alibre files around.
  12. T

I get this over and over, and it really sucks. These are files I've used before, saved, and not moved or deleted the designs but when I open them after a time I get this tree of red.... I have no idea why it happens. The files are in the directory that's listed and I have to click each one and...
  13. T

Using PACKAGE between work and home?

I need to add an addendum to this. I've found out that if all your files are in one sub-folder on the C: drive then you'd pick that sub-folder. In most of my cases since I have a C:/job drawings sub-folder, where my working drawing are saved, and a C:/alibre parts sub-folder, where my parts...
  14. T

Save All From Assembly

If you're bouncing from computer to computer I highly advise using the PACKAGE utility. http://forum.alibre.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16521
  15. T

Lofting with Guide Curves

True... Here's the part using LOFT. It's close, but is a bit off.
  16. T

In this case you should really be using the SWEEP command and just pick one guide curve.
  17. T

A time or two when I don't use nominal dimensions I've temporarily extruded my cross sections, then when drawing my guide curve I project to sketch the cross section profiles (just do not maintain association), then attach my guide curve to that sketch. I then just delete the temp extrudes and...
  18. T

Can I pick the file BEFORE standard views loads it?

To be clear, I'm talking about when I'm in the 2d drawing mode, not in 3d assembly. How do I set my "currently active file?"
  19. T

But if I need to create views of the sub-assemblies on a detail page, let's say, of just "Tom" why does GM need to load up "Charles, Dick, Harry, & Tom" before I go to the browse menu and just pick "Tom" for the view(s) I want? That's what I'd like to avoid. Kinda like when you create a BOM...
  20. T

I find it extremely time consuming for GM to load the main assembly file every time I want to create a view only for me to pick a sub-assembly. I'd love to be able to pick the file before GM assumes which file I want and loads the full file up. Is there a way to change this?