What's new

Search results

1. R

.bip export

I knocked up this basic 12" leadscrew so I could see what the minimum 'facet setting' I could get away with and still look presentable in Keyshot, but when the helical boss is extended beyond approx 4.5" I get a 'failed to publish to keyshot' dialogue. It doesn't seem to be file size related as...
  2. R

Keyshot 3.1 CAD

A while ago I upgraded (more money!) the laughably useless Alibre supplied keyshot 2 to the 2.2 CAD HD version which gave increased (usable) resolution and off line rendering. I recently installed keyshot 3.1 CAD, downloaded from Alibre. The resolution is reduced compared to 2.2 CAD HD and once...
  3. R

Alibre MOI vs Regular MOI

Unfortunately I got Alibre Expert before the inclusion of MOI ! Just wondering, is there any difference between the MOI add on and the full MOI package direct purchase? The reason I ask is that it is more than 20% cheaper including all taxes to purchase directly from MOI rather than the add on...
  4. R

Image Overlay

I apologise if this is a really obvious question but I've got absolutely no idea where to start, or even what terminology to use! Basically I want to overlay an image, preferably a bitmap although vector is ok, onto a flat surface to create a label. For this particular project, an audio...
  5. R

2D Fillet Query

First I use the rectangle tool to draw a rectangle about the default origin and then dimension it say 30mm H and 15mm V, and then center the figure about the origin by dimensioning off the X and Y axes by 15 and 7.5mm respectively. If I then apply successive 2D fillets (5mm rad.) to the four...
  6. R

Tutorial Query

In the level 2 tutorial 'creating helical geometry' from the home/tutorials drop down menu, I'm having a problem half way through. Creating the basic spring works fine, but when it comes to applying a transition and a flat angle to the ends, the numbers don't seem to tally with what the...
  7. R

Revolve Lesson

Hi guys, new to CAD and Alibre in particular. Just going through the online tutorials and am stuck on the Revolve Lesson. Basically, when I get to the mirror stage, I get an 'open loop' error. I think I see where the problem is, where the lines join the reference line! If I upload the tutorial...