What's new

Search results

1. F

2019- List of New Features or Fixes

Sign me up for the 2019 Beta. I've got a project that I need to import .stl files for. Should give it a good workout. certainly better than the process I've got to go thru to do it now. (you don't want to know...) Frank Pirz Media Conversions LLC
  2. F

Sheet Metal Cuts not working?

I'm trying to create, for want of a better description, an engraved sheet metal surface. I've reviewed the posts on Sheet Metal Engraving, but in those examples the cuts are made all the way through the material, and then filled, or thickness is added by joining the sheet metal part with a...
  3. F

No Solid Body for .stl part imported apparently w/o error

I've imported a .stl file. (attached) it appears to import without any errors/comments. except that it's color is red. (which can be changed - but that's an artifact) an attempt to add this part to an assembly results in an empty part outline (a rectangular box). viewing/analysis -> check part -...
  4. F

comparing tohsiba S55-C5274 and HP ENVY 15-k163cl

Bigseb I share your mindset. I'm running any number of deskside, dedicated, systems on WinXP.. Normally I buy my systems in parts, assemble & load software on my own. because of Windows poor design features it needs to be wiped and re-loaded every few years. mostly on active systems that get...
  5. F

comparing tohsiba S55-C5274 and HP ENVY 15-k163cl

the two laptops are approximately the same price. the toshiba is at staples, on sale. the hp is at best buy, refurbished. both come with 12gb ram and 1tb hard disk. biggest difference between the two is that the toshiba has a core i7-5500u (2 cores) cpu mark 3938 while the hp has a core...
  6. F

Combine multiple Autocad drawings into one .ad_drw?

Lew Yes agreed! So, when you do an import from a format like autocad, why isn't there a 'tolerance' setting available to basically say that 2 points within <tolerance setting> should be considered coincident. It would all but eliminate the problem when on the rare occasion you have to take an...
  7. F

except that the "badly created geometry" was created by Geomagic Design. curious that I can create a 2D sketch, extrude it to a part, put the part onto a drawing, export the drawing to (autocad) .dwg and when I import the .dwg and then try to make a sketch out of it I get errors. [Yes, I know...
  8. F

Nate thanks for the pointer. I'm running DraftSight v1r3 x64 from Dassault Systèmes :-) but I've yet to figure out how to make it work like Autocad LT99 that I cut my teeth on a long time ago. Mike thanks to the pointer to onshape. their package sounds attractive. Wish they were around when...
  9. F

Nate yes, cutting & pasting in drawing mode sort of works. I keep getting artifacts on the pasted drawing that look like the sheet the drawing is on is being copied as well. will continue experimenting but not optimistic. Another approach is to transfer the imported .dwg into a part file and...
  10. F

I have a set of autocad .dwg files (or .dxf files) that I would like to manage as a document SET. I can import any ONE .dwg file and it creates a GD.ad_drw file for it. Import creates new .ad_drw files for each file I want to import. what I want is one .ad_drw file with multiple sheets...
  11. F

Save Operation Encountered Error: File in Use

Ralf thanks for the response support provided instructions on how to delete 'part52' and where it was located on the design explorer part tree (but not how to find it...) however, following their instructions and deleting the part does not help. I still get the 'file in use error' when trying...
  12. F

Re: Save Operation Encountered Error: File in Use -ALMOST SOLVED I heard back from tech support. their response was: Solved: 3/13/2015 9:58 AM EDT: Hello Frank, The part that is causing issues is Part 52. . Removing this file will let you save this file. Geomagic Designs intention as a CAD...
  13. F

Can't bring up GD - Get Cad Viewer Instead

Re: Can't bring up GD - Get Cad Viewer Instead - SOLVED Support (and yes, my contract is still active) deactivated all of my (2) licenses and suggested I go thru the key activation process. while that worked I've questioned why it should be necessary. I've also asked if it was a coincidence...
  14. F

DavidJ thanks I did discover that my MAINTENANCE contract expired today. CORRECTION - I contacted sales. they told me that my maintenance expires 4/25, not today. HOWEVER.. that's maintenance, NOT License... SO-- IS anyone else having problems that might be related to the License Server? I...
  15. F

Yesterday (3/11/15 - 10am EST) I encountered long delays in bringing up GD. This morning (3/12/15 - 9:45am EST) I'm not only encountering long delays, but when it comes up it's coming up as Geometric Design - CAD Viewer and the 5 options (part/sheet-metal/assembly...) are grey'ed out and have...
  16. F

Ralf thank for responding the files came from a dropbox source, so I left "dropbox" in the folder name for the parts. they are saved on my hard disk. I have no problem with the import either. but I cannot save the results to either the same folder or a different folder on a different drive...
  17. F

I've imported a file, without errors when I attempt to save this file I get an error however, I have 93 gb of free space on the system disk. when I use explorer to look for the file referenced I cannot find it in the list of files in the cited directory. what do I try next? Frank Pirz Media...
  18. F

trying to give different sections of a part different colors

DavidJ thanks for the suggestion about changing part heights here's the current set of results. I've removed the background gradient to make it easier to see the remaining problem. there is a ring in the top right had corner that get's no color fill at all. meanwhile the drawing I started with...
  19. F

Lew sorry for the choice of red/green. please feel free to change the colors to something easier for you to tell the difference between. as posted, extrusion1 (viewed alone) is 5 horizontal bars - in green and extrusion2 (also viewed alone, drag it above extrusion1) is 2 vertical bars - in red...
  20. F

slightly different layout this time the door, the pattern in the center, is one color - purple the two remaining rings, top & bottom, are supposed to be green. the one at the top is, the one at the bottom shares an edge with the door and the door color is apparently bleeding into it. I don't...