What's new

Search results

1. 762x51

Exploded Views Problems

How do I stop sub-assembles from exploding? I've attached a PDF file showing the sub-assembles and parts in the assembly. Is there a way to lock the sub-assembles so they will not explode?
  2. 762x51

Cutting A Cam

Would someone take a look at the attached files and show me how to cut the cam's grove. Thanks in advance for your help. Orin
  3. 762x51

STL Files Will Not Import

I have tried to import several STL files I have found on Thingiverse and none of them will import and I have attached a typical file that I am having problems with. Would someone look at this and let me know if you have problems importing the file and if you can get it to open do you have any...
  4. 762x51

V2015 installed when I tried to install V18

I just downloaded the latest installer, removed the old version, and ran the installer. It installed V2015.1.1 and not V18. Anyone else noticed this?
  5. 762x51

Alibre Design 2014 Keeps Crashing - Help Please

Gentlemen, A little background: I purchased Alibre Design Expert in 2002 (full price) and kept my maintenance account until it expired last year. I had retired several years back and when 3D Systems decided to increase the annual fee by $100 I just couldn't see the benefit of keeping the...
  6. 762x51

2012 Crashes Without Warning

I have been having problems with 2012 PRODUCT VERSION 14,0,1,14047 crashing without warning. The program simply shuts down just as if I had clicked on the close program "X". This has happened 3 or 4 times in the last 2 days when I am editing a part in an assembly using the "Edit Here" feature...
  7. 762x51

Importing SolidWorks Part File With Design Tree

Is there a way to import a SolidWorks part file into an Alibre part file that would include the design tree? Thanks, Orin
  8. 762x51

Constraint - Following a CAM surface (V11.1)

I need to be able to have a roller follow the faces shown in this photo: The Constraint dialog box will only allow me to select one of the 4 faces that make up the CAM path. Is there a way to either marry these faces or draw one continuous face? I tried making the face with a "Sweep" and...
  9. 762x51

V10 Problems

V10 Problems 1) Dimensions disappear: After setting a dimension the next design tool selection causes the dimension that was just set to disappear. Happens occasionally, not all the time. 2) System freezes for unknown causes. Normally...
  10. 762x51

Alibre - What's the latest on version 9.1 ??

Alibre - What's the latest on version 9.1 ?? I was told that 9.1 would be released yesterday morning then told that it would be released at 3 PM CST yesterday. Can we please get an "official" update from you guys at Alibre?? :D Thanks, Orin
  11. 762x51

Alibre Shuts Down On Its Own

Alibre Shuts Down On Its Own Do any of you have this problem - ? The program just shuts down - No specific reason, just happens from time-to-time The program will also freeze from time-to-time - Same as shut down - No specific reason, just freezes...
  12. 762x51

3D model to 2D Drawing references

3D model to 2D Drawing references Is there any way to have the 3D model's Origin point and points added using the "Sketch Node" function display on a 2D drawing? I don't think that there is but wouldn't this be a very useful feature? Being able to selectively...
  13. 762x51

WTK Can the distance from a face to a plane be changed?

WTK Can the distance from a face to a plane be changed? How can I offset an existing plain from the surface of a face? Thanks in advance.. Orin