What's new

2017.1 Soft launch is live

Boy, and here I was all ready to post a long blast about your missing the (drug out of you by force) update date! [And, if you believe that, I have some waterfront property to sell you. I just won't say which side of the property "fronts" the water...]

MikeHenry

Alibre Super User
I'm still on 2015.1.1. I've downloaded the version of Alibre that was released after the changeover but never got around to installing it. I've just downloaded 2017.1, should I install that over 2015.1.1 or follow another install procedure?

kev h

Just out of interest anyone got a pic/vid of rectangle tool in action ? :)

Cheers Kev :cool:

markporter

Nice to see Excel integration back too. I saw the link button upload_2017-10-3_17-59-31.png appear in an empty new Global Parameter file. Is this part of the Excel Integration that isn't documented?

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mark - I had a play with that, looks like you can drive a GPF from spreadsheet, just like driving a part from spreadsheet. The Link button is therefore probably used to re-link if the connection to spreadsheet gets broken or disrupted (e.g. when relocating files).

Idahoan

I uninstalled Geomagic and have the new Alibre installed but I'm not sure how to get the license changed over. So now it says that I'm on a 30 day free trial?

Thanks,
Dave

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
It's great to have some new tools in the tool box. Once I got it installed I was finally able to connect to Keyshot again. I still need to check out the Gem>Export as bip and the Keyshot Export functions. In the previous version they were creating empty files, as in 0 KB file size.

I noticed that the Rectangle by Center only has Perpendicular constraints applied to it. Once it is placed you could accidentally move it out of Horizontal. From my previous experience on other systems the Rectangle by Center always had at least one Vertical or Horizontal constraint as well as the Perpendiculars. Also, I did not find the option on the mouse pop-up menu. I turned in a ticket on that.
rect by center.png
Has anyone been able to Pan and Zoom in the drawing creation preview? I tried it but couldn't get it to work, maybe a short "How To.." video from support would be in order.

Last edited:

GIOV

Alibre Super User
Mark - I had a play with that, looks like you can drive a GPF from spreadsheet
I will re-check that. If it's true, for me it's awesome 64 bits improvement! Also I do like to have GlobalDims add on for my 32 Bits 11.2 Version.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Harold - pan & zoom in the preview window for 2D works exactly as it does in elsewhere. Scroll wheel for zoom; hold middle mouse button and drag for pan. Cursor has to be in the preview window for this to work.

Harold - pan & zoom in the preview window for 2D works exactly as it does in elsewhere. Scroll wheel for zoom; hold middle mouse button and drag for pan. Cursor has to be in the preview window for this to work.

Mine pans but it doesn't zoom. Using a Kensington track ball.

I can pan by holding the mouse wheel down and dragging(I don't have a middle button) but it wont zoom if I scroll.
Is this going to be dependant on what sort of mouse we are using?

[QUOTE="Dave Machock, post: 123516]Mine pans but it doesn't zoom. Using a Kensington track ball.[/QUOTE]
My Kensington Trackball works entirely as expected...