What's new

2017.1 Soft launch is live

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
... individuals running Win 10, can you please confirm if it is in fact the zoom function which is not working...
Yup, it's the zoom that is not working for me. Pan is working just fine, in fact I can drag the part so far out the is not viewable. My drivers are up to date. In fact, I just had maintanence done on my laptop and the mouse driver was updated.

Last edited:

JST

Alibre Super User
You all have me confused. And concerned.

Does a standard mouse work as it did before?

For me that means wheel to zoom, left to select, L+R to rotate, wheel button to pan, RMB for a menu.

Those are so natural to me now, that I actually had to go and try it to see what I did. So, I surely do not want to LOSE any of those functions....

You have me wondering about doing the update. I already delayed just so that I could retain the GMD "known operation" in case there were any glitches.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
JST - the issues here relate to the new ability in 2017.1 to pan and zoom in the 2D drawing preview pane. It seems to work for many, but not all users.

Mouse behaviour in the rest of the product is unchanged, and (as far as I know) has not been an issue in 2017.1

oldfox

Alibre Super User
I use a Logitech M510 Cordless mouse on Win7 Pro. No problems.

@JST
Nowadays, what is a *standard* mouse. It used to be the 2 button mouse from MS.
Mine works *exactly* as you layed out above.

I really like the Logitech because of the programming ability of all the buttons. And they aren't that expensive.

GDBranch

For individuals running Win 7 or Win 8/8.1 we have fixed the zoom issue. The installer (build 18508) is now available for download via the download links on the Alibre website, https://www.alibre.com/downloads/

For any individuals running Win 10, can you please confirm if it is in fact the zoom function which is not working, or is it the panning functionality? We have found in testing that the inability to pan is mouse specific. It would be good to ensure that your mouse drivers are up to date as well.

Downloaded and installed. Works properly now. Thank you Alibre! Amazingly fast response and fix.
Thank you Alibre!

GDBranch

Post above was for my home office computer. Unfortunately the latest download, 18508, does not work on my business office computer. Same software, all drivers up to date, same trackball but no zoom or pan capability. This does not prevent me from getting my work done since this is a function I've never had before anyway.
I'm confident Alibre will get it squared away.

Downloaded latest installer but I still can't zoom (Win 8.1). I can pan fine though. A windows quirk I guess. Even tried a different mouse.

auburncad

Alibre 2017.1
*Win 10 Pro
*2d drawing zoom Pan works fine for me using a Logitech M570 trackball.
*My 3Dconnexion 3D-mouse works better too. The part would float around sometimes on its own and I would have to restart the mouse. I have not seen that problem return yet.....

Nick952

Not using a mouse on my laptop. Zoom works OK using the touch pad, but up/down, left/right cursor keys do not pan (they work perfectly in the 2D, 3D and the actual Drawing workspaces.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
If all has been working OK up until now. Uninstall any previous Keyshot then re-boot. Run New Alibre (2017.1) installer (agree to any prompts during the install), install new Keyshot. Check that Alibre works, check that Keyshot works.