What's new

2018 is live

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Wow Albie, thanks this is a great error report. Very clear, we will look into it.

Cheers!

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure if it relates to your issue or not - if prompted to update keyshot whilst installing DON'T. Wait until install has completed then let the updater run. This may be over cautious, but I've had at least a couple of cases where accepting the update during installation has led to issues requiring uninstall/re-install.

At update to Keyshot 7.3.37 I got critical errors reported on 2 separate PCs - re-booting resolved those.

simonb65

Alibre Super User
Same as @DavidJ , during install, just accept a download of 7.3.37. Then when the installer completes, reboot, then install the 7.3.37 update you downloaded. Not an an issue so far. Have had AD->Export keyshot crashes as it seems the connection to livelinking may not be 100% robust, but havent seen it since I had it last (2017.1.2), so cant report what the error dump says yet!!!

jcdammeyer

Why on earth did you put the File Open on the far right. In the main Alibre or Alibre CAM or Microsoft Word or any other Windows product we go up to the left to the File menu entry. Now every time I want to open a file I start to the left and then go Oh shizzle. They moved the darn thing! Stop screwing around with standard user interfaces and just make sure the program doesn't crash. Or work on efficiency. I'd swear it takes twice as long to load AlibreCAM 2017 now as it used to.

Please put the File menu back at the top or at least give us the option to put it back. Every little hiccup like that takes attention away from the design process.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
I'd swear it takes twice as long to load AlibreCAM 2017 now as it used to.

Just checked ACAM 2017 with AD v2018. First launch was painfully slow - then I closed AD and re-opened, now the switch to ACAM is almost instant.

auburncad

I got the following error when hitting the render button:

at com.alibre.publishing.KeyShotPackage.handleErrorCode(ADToKSErrorConstant errorCode)
at com.alibre.publishing.KeyShotPackage.render(String sessionID)
at com.alibre.design.app.KeyShotRenderCommand.execute()

I reinstalled Keyshot and updated to 7.3. It seems to work fine except I get warning messages on boot.

update: Some reason I have to hit the render button twice in Keyshot in order to open the render window?

Attachments

• alibre-screen-shot.jpg
    alibre-screen-shot.jpg
    272.4 KB · Views: 29
  • test1.jpg
    test1.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Reactions: MKR

weppler

The Alibre Crash problem on my Win10 Pro system posted earlier may have been related to the graphics driver.
Rolled back to a previous version and it seems to work.

This rollback was prompted by a Keyshot 7.3.37 error about OpenGL 2.0 not available.

Thompson

I got the following error when hitting the render button:

at com.alibre.publishing.KeyShotPackage.handleErrorCode(ADToKSErrorConstant errorCode)
at com.alibre.publishing.KeyShotPackage.render(String sessionID)
at com.alibre.design.app.KeyShotRenderCommand.execute()

I reinstalled Keyshot and updated to 7.3. It seems to work fine except I get warning messages on boot.

update: Some reason I have to hit the render button twice in Keyshot in order to open the render window?

I get the same two warnings from Keyshot. I dismiss the box and things seem to work OK. Win10 Pro on HP laptop with Nvidia graphics.

oldfox

Alibre Super User
Downloaded AD2018 from website; uninstalled AD2017.1.2; Clean installed AD2018 (didn't use "Update"); Opened one of my larger (90 parts- 320KB) files; perfect !!!
Haven't seen anything other than the Home screen that would make me think that I had changed anything. Just like 2017.
Haven't tried Keyshot, Drawing, nor Sheet Metal yet. I'll get to it later.

Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 aka Win7Pro
Processor Information: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+
Number of Processors: 2

Microsoft .Net Framework

edit: 6 GB RAM

Looks like I'm good to go for now.

RocketNut

Alibre Super User
There I hate the most is the lost of my 3D printer settings. Every time I upgrade I loss my printer info.
So I ask is there a way to save these setting?

oldfox

Alibre Super User
Please put the File menu back at the top or at least give us the option to put it back.

As I use Alibre, when I want to open a file I find that the vast majority of the time my cursor is on the right side of the screen. So having
"Open" in the upper right corner is really closer for me. I LIKE it. (I am right handed)

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
auburncad - those errors in Keyshot (your alibre-screen-shot image) will disappear after a computer reboot. It seems to be an artefact of the Keyshot update. I saw it on 2 computers, both fine after a reboot.

BrianE.Evans

Well 2018 is installed, I got the automatic update notice and hit "remind me tomorrow" , because I was in the middle of a drawing. When I got that done, I went back and hit the "check for updates button " , the thing took over automatically and promptly installed the update without asking that the old program be deleted or anything . so at this point all of my old drawings and files open OK after the restart. I have not tried to do a new part yet , that will come later today. But keeping my fingers crossed I have not hit a bug yet.

auburncad

auburncad - those errors in Keyshot (your alibre-screen-shot image) will disappear after a computer reboot. It seems to be an artefact of the Keyshot update. I saw it on 2 computers, both fine after a reboot.

Yes, it went away after reboot and everything seems fine. thanks. Running Win 10 Pro, AMD graphics on desktop

GIOV

Alibre Super User
Needs to be in small window mode and go with the side cursor. By default the link is hidden in my laptop 1366x768 Resolution Display.

Thompson

Capture.PNG

Indeed, it does disappear after a reboot but, for me at least, it reappears if Keyshot is run again without rebooting - Alibre does not need to be involved. Bummer. I imagine it will be fixed in the next Keyshot update - not really serious.

Reactions: MKR
The upgrade worked like a charm for me, using Windows 7 / parallels desktop on macos
Great job Alibre team, the fact that the underlying technologies (ACIS etc.) are not years beyond state of the art anymore gives a very good feeling! Now the road is paved for further improvements and features!

MikaJ

Encouraged by all of you guys here I also decided to upgrade to 2018 even though I usually wait much longer after the actual release date to minimize the risk of getting half-coded software on my computer. Soon I shall see if it was worth it.

EDIT1: The update procedure went as I expected - smoothly and without errors (Win 7 Home Premium). Opening Screen is better now, but I also would like it even more if the Open file would be on the left and Create New would be on the right. This would be more logical arrangement, as it is used practically almost always this way in Windows programs. I really like that the Opening Screen has previews of the most recently used files, very nice!

Last edited: