What's new

2D Drawing Export Jpeg/Png Bad Quality

kev h

Hi

When sending jpeg/tiff exported images to my customers the quality is awful , but the files i receive from my customers who use Pro eng are much much better and can even zoom in quite a bit before it goes blocky.

I there any thing i can do to improve this?

Cheers Kev 8)

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
I think it is basically a screen capture, so doing things like closing the design explorer to get extra design workspace will help somewhat.

Jimpulse

Alibre Super User
I feel your pain. I have often wanted a way to get something that is better than what the onscreen capture/expot shows yet short of a full blown photorender. As David suggests, an increase in screen capture area or resolution can help a little.

I have also found that the real time/onscreen rendering of Adobe Reader when displaying an Alibre 3D pdf is better than what AD provides. ...much better with anti-aliasing (jaggies).

When I was creating heavily annotated images to send to a client I would create a 3D PDF using "Publish to PDF" . Then I would open it in Adobe Reader (in 3D mode not just the resident screen shot) and use a screen capture program to paste the screen image to a 2D CAD package with better editing features than Alibre's 2D environ. I use MWSnap for the screen cap utility. From the 2D CAD program, I would create the PDFs or JPEGs that go to the customer.
I sounds like more work than it really is...but it's still some work.
Hopefully you version of AD has "Publish to PDF" capability ... I lose track of what does and does not.

-jimpulse

kev h

Thanks for replies guys :)

I have export pdf in the 3D side but not in the 2D side .

The export in 2D seems blurry even before you attempt zooming in at all , and better results must be possible as my customers files are zoomable by quite a lot if you need to look at some smaller detail.

Anyway have listed here ;)

http://feedback.alibre.com/forums/1...ons/2380997-improve-2d-export-image?ref=title

Just seems a key improvement as its displaying our work to our customers.

Cheers Kev 8)

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Printing 2D drawings as PDFs is usually very good quality and will stand lots of zooming (printing, not so sure about exporting).

kev h

Hi David

Not quite sure what you mean as i cannot get a PDF from the 2D drawing side only in the 3D modelling side unless i'm missing something :)

Cheers Kev 8)

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Install PDF Creator (link to it on your downloads page) if you don't already have it or som other PDF 'virtual printer' installed.

Print the drawing - select PDF Creator, (or Acrobat, or PrimoPDF etc) as the printer (check that paper size is set correctly), press OK choose where to save the file.

[EDIT - once you have PDF creator installed (which Alibre Design expects) you also get an PDF export option in 2D, but it behaves slightly differently (changes the scale a bit and and adds header/footer) you might want to experiment with both.]

kev h

Now thats what i'm talkin about David !! :D

Thought that download was for people who had older versions that didnt have the 3D pdf :roll:

Much much better quality , just seems strange its not intergrated into AD.

Not that i'm worried but the publish and continue to Pdf are still both greyed out so cant try that method , but i dont really care now as print pdf is crackin!!

Thanks

Kev 8)

Attachments

• I Punch.pdf
    42.8 KB · Views: 18