What's new

2D Drawing Templates - Text Always "Black" Color

jfleming

Alibre Super User
See screenshot attached. Text for notes and the text from the drawing template itself appear to be auto-placed on the "Continuous" Layer. Despite this layer being set to my "green" color, the text ALWAYS stays "black" in Alibre. Is there no way to control this?

In Screenshot below....

>all layers turned off except continuous
>the leader line of note is green, but the text is not, why?
>text in title block is also green, why?

COLORS.png

simonb65

Alibre Super User
You can set the Text colour inside the Note dialogue.
Do you know if that will change to possibly a drawing layer or System Options -> Color Scheme settings (the latter doesn't cover 2D drawing currently so I'm assuming layers is the way to go) going forward because if you set a dark theme (v26 onwards) you will ideally need a single place to set all text, etc that is not covered by a layer setting. Possibly one to add to the dev enhancements if not.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Simon - no idea. But potential needs to be kept to individually colour each note for highlight purposes. V26 dark Mode doesn't affect the 2D drawing sheet colour, only ribbon (and presumably over time dialogues etc).

Jason - if you do a lot of notes in colour, perhaps place one (maybe even a single character 'dummy note') on the sheet - then copy paste it as required and edit the text in each pasted note. My guess (and it is only a guess) is that coloured notes are used for occasional highlight rather than more widely, which might mean not much demand for tools to set the colour in a blanket way.

jfleming

Alibre Super User
Jason - if you do a lot of notes in colour, perhaps place one (maybe even a single character 'dummy note') on the sheet - then copy paste it as required and edit the text in each pasted note. My guess (and it is only a guess) is that coloured notes are used for occasional highlight rather than more widely, which might mean not much demand for tools to set the colour in a blanket way.

Fair point.

Any future plans to have dark mode affect sheet color on 2D drawings? I'd love to not stare at a white screen all day. Thanks for your time as always David.

simonb65

Alibre Super User
Simon - no idea. But potential needs to be kept to individually colour each note for highlight purposes. V26 dark Mode doesn't affect the 2D drawing sheet colour, only ribbon (and presumably over time dialogues etc).
If I select dark theme, I set my workspace background to a dark grey (system options), as Its not really a 'dark environment' to use if the workspace is still a light colour! I know it's not tied into the theme system yet, but until it is, there needs to be a quick and default way to set things on the canvas that are currently default to black or a global way to set each element forecolor to something light to contrast the darker background.

Edit : ^this, Jason summed it up just before my post!

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Simon - original question related to 2D drawing workspace, which background colour setting doesn't have any effect on.

simonb65

Alibre Super User
Simon - original question related to 2D drawing workspace, which background colour setting doesn't have any effect on.
Ok. So, another possible candidate for consistency across the workspaces going forward then! ;)